gear report G-K 400 head and Genz 410

chris dax

• Members

I had the opportunity to play a full set through one of these last night..

400RB.jpg

driving one of these bad boys

gb410t_xb2_lg.jpg

I must say it was an extremely enjoyable experience....the rig sounded great with the eq flat and being driven by my sansamp pedal. Lots of power....extremely responsive to right hand....fair amount of balls on the low end...

I'm thinking it was mostly the cab that was reponsible for most of what I was hearing. Great stuff....way to f*n heavy for an old man like me, but very tasty...c-d

• Members

Originally posted by NeonVomit

Is that how it really is in that section of the industry? I'd imagine competition could get dirty...

actually the competition doesn't get very dirty at all. I'm quite good friends with people at Trace, Ashdown and Euphonics Audio. I received very, very nice emails from Jim Bergantino. I'm quite close for many years with several of the reps that are on the road selling SWR.

Jeff Genzler is quite friendly with Dave Nordchow, the folks at Eden and the product engineer at SWR.

When you're "inside" the industry you realize how very small it is. It is much better to have a stand-up reputation. You need to be able to work with your competitors. I've worked with them when they've called me ...say if an endorser is using one of their cabs and putting our amp on top .....the company that made the cab might have some questions....etc.

• Members

Originally posted by NeonVomit

That's really cool to hear. Almost like a community in itself... wow.

yes it is. The nicest thing about my job is the relationships if made in the industry and that includes some of those at competing companies.

At a consumer show a couple of weeks ago I was even playing in the Euphonics Audio booth. The bassist doing demos for them heard me doing demos in our booth. Well, a couple of hours late we were doing a bass duo.

I did tell Bass Player mag that they couldn't take pictures though of me playing through an EA. :D

• Members

Originally posted by chris dax

I'm thinking it was mostly the cab that was reponsible for most of what I was hearing. Great stuff....way to f*n heavy for an old man like me, but very tasty...c-d

I own a GB610T-XB2. From the physical view point all I can say is thank god for casters.

Outstanding sound from this puppy!

gb610t_xb2_lg.jpg

TD

:cool

Archived