I think My Life With The Thrill Kill Kult Just Might Be...

TheGZeus,OnFire

• Members

Originally posted by greenshag

they completely suck ass live...

Well NOW!

My friend described it like this:

"It's like when they shoot a bunch of tranquilizer darts into an elephant, and it just won't go down, then they shoot that last one into it, and it just DROPS. Except it's heroin."

Their last 3 albums(not counting the stupid REMIX albums) were terrible, too.

the first 5 albums and all the EPs and singles from that time are damned good though.

• Members

Originally posted by TheGZeus,OnFire

Well NOW!

My friend described it like this:

"It's like when they shoot a bunch of tranquilizer darts into an elephant, and it just won't go down, then they shoot that last one into it, and it just DROPS. Except it's heroin."

Their last 3 albums(not counting the stupid REMIX albums) were terrible, too.

the first 5 albums and all the EPs and singles from that time are damned good though.

true on the albums, they used to put out some good stuff...I caught them on the tour with Ministry (I roadied for Ministry), and their live performace was so lackluster, I went and got a beer. The only redeeming quality was the bassist, other than that..the drums sucked, the guitarist sucked, and the synth guy playing an Emulator II sucked, just so blah...Ministry was much better live to me, so much energy in their live show.

I would have loved to see them back in the early 90's during their hayday.

• Members

Thing is, the singers play keys on the albums, and they probably hire whatever they can afford that's willing to dress as a leatherman and dance while playing.

The guitars on their records were always either noise or samples, or both.

I saw a live video from the Hit and Run Holiday tour, and the 'guitarist' was miming.

Not even the right chords.

He was SOOO frigging fried. Buzz McCoy.

Groovie was doing all the vocal work, despite probably 1/3 of it being Buzz on record. Groovie was singing over BOTH their parts...

They were basically playing over the CD.

The Bomb Gang Girls were doing alright, and hte dummer that was drumming over the drum machine was OK, too.

Doubt the keys were live at all.

• Members

Originally posted by TheGZeus,OnFire

Thing is, the singers play keys on the albums, and they probably hire whatever they can afford that's willing to dress as a leatherman and dance while playing.

The guitars on their records were always either noise or samples, or both.

I saw a live video from the Hit and Run Holiday tour, and the 'guitarist' was miming.

Not even the right chords.

He was SOOO frigging fried. Buzz McCoy.

Groovie was doing all the vocal work, despite probably 1/3 of it being Buzz on record. Groovie was singing over BOTH their parts...

They were basically playing over the CD.

The Bomb Gang Girls were doing alright, and hte dummer that was drumming over the drum machine was OK, too.

Doubt the keys were live at all.

that is probably why it sounded so blah to me then.

Archived