Possible bass exchange

Jamacuco

• Members

Hello. I am currently thinking about either selling/exchanging my Warwick Corvette FNA JazzMan 5.

There are two local exchange possibilities:

- A Yamaha Attitude custom Link to pics

-A Tobias Renegade 4-string Link to local Ad

What do you think of these instruments. They are alien to me but I'm more worried about the possibility of a bad deal money and gear-wise .

The third option is selling the Warwick for cash but right now I'd lose quite some money on the sale.

Well...?

• Members

Why are you selling the Warwick? I belive it's the best bass of these three. Granted I never tried a Yamaha Attitude, and they are supposed to be fantastic and all, but they are half the price of a Warwick FNA on the used market (at least here).

Hope you get som good

• Members

Originally posted by bassplayer7770

Do you really need to replace it? In other words, do you have enough other basses? Is there something specific you're looking to add to your arsenal?

I do not NEED to replace it but I feel it is a shame it sits unused in my practice room. Somehow I can't get used to the 5 strings and I have no project or band that involves/needs the 5th string or the tone this bass delivers.

So far my all-time jazzbass is feeling like home and delivering the tone I need for my current band.

I am keeping it to exchange it later for money as I may be needing it this year. Or not... I am such GAS victim...

• Members

Originally posted by Jamacuco

I do not NEED to replace it but I feel it is a shame it sits unused in my practice room. Somehow I can't get used to the 5 strings and I have no project or band that involves/needs the 5th string or the tone this bass delivers.

So far my all-time jazzbass is feeling like home and delivering the tone I need for my current band.

I am keeping it to exchange it later for money as I may be needing it this year. Or not... I am such GAS victim...

So, it sounds like a new bass probably would have sat unused too.

So, you're keeping it (in case you need it) and possibly selling it later this/next year? Sounds like the best thing to do IMO.

• Members

Originally posted by Jamacuco

Ahh... see, this is the perfect chance for you to participate in the "Dark Slide wants a Warwick" program. I'd even be happy to allow you to pay for shipping. *nod*

• 2 weeks later...

Archived