Pete Carroll, Reggie Bush, Matt Leinert....classy

sheepdog

• Members

(I assume the stories I heard are true)

Pete walks to midfield and waits there so he has a chance to shake the other coach's hand and give him a hug.

Matt and Reggie walk over to the UTX lockerroom to congratulate them on their victory.

I admit that I cheered against USC (I hate any team that they start using the word "dynasty" for), but that is true class. In an era where atheletes seem to get more and more self centered, THAT is class. :thu:

Unfortunately on the other hand you have Vince Young, running around after the game yelling "Who's the Heisman Winner now?" and striking the pose. NOT classy. :rolleyes:

• Members

Young is a strong competitor, but I haven't heard any such stories. I heard (with my own ears on TV) Bush saying things like "We ain't done yet". They're not all innocent, but, overall, I think both teams played with great respect for the opposing team. I saw them helping each other up all night.

• Members

Originally posted by bassplayer7770

Young is a strong competitor, but I haven't heard any such stories. I heard (with my own ears on TV) Bush saying things like "We ain't done yet". They're not all innocent, but, overall, I think both teams played with great respect for the opposing team. I saw them helping each other up all night.

Vince admitted he did it when talking to the Gameday staff.

I'm sure there is enough BS to go around, I had just hoped for better from Vince.

• Members

Originally posted by sheepdog

Vince admitted he did it when talking to the Gameday staff.

I'm sure there is enough BS to go around, I had just hoped for better from Vince.

Eh...I don't really care... We all say stupid things without thinking sometimes... He played one helluva game last night!!!

If he digs himself any deeper, then it will just be that much sweeter when Ohio State beats them next year...:D;)

• Members

Originally posted by bassplayer7770

Did you actually hear that?
:eek:
Isn't making plays what football is all about?
:confused::rolleyes:

Yep. It was in response to the question, "How does it feel to go out this way?". And ya, better teams make plays. Funny thing is, last year he would have been the first pick in the draft. Now, if Young comes out, Matt won't even be the first QB taken.

• Members

Congratulations to both teams for a well fought battle.

I was going for The Longhorns all the way, but I did place a small wager on USC, because I really thought they were a better team.

Last night was the Vince Young show.

He should declare himself eligible for the NFL, because he will never be any more valuable than now.

The Texans should pick Young and not Bush. I've been saying all along that Carr is the problem with the Texans.

As far as classy moves go, Young loves himself a bit too much.

Mack Brown mentioned the class of the USC players coming and congratulating the team after the game.

:thu:

• Members

Originally posted by 1tallbassguy

The Texans should pick Young and not Bush. I've been saying all along that Carr is the problem with the Texans.

Carr spends all of his time on his back, the Texans need an O-line, not a new QB. Give him a good O-line and he'll be a much better QB.

• Members

Originally posted by Emprov

Carr spends all of his time on his back, the Texans need an O-line, not a new QB. Give him a good O-line and he'll be a much better QB.

it is true he spends as much time on his back as a 2-bit whore, but I think he lacks the leadership skills.

• Members

Originally posted by 1tallbassguy

it is true he spends as much time on his back as a 2-bit whore, but I think he lacks the leadership skills.

My brother lives in Fresno and watched Carr for a few years while he was in college, (Fresno is one of those towns where college sports are religion). One of the things that my bro said that defined Carr was his on field leadership abilities, it'll be interesting to see if any of that comes out with the new regime.

• Members

Originally posted by sheepdog

(I assume the stories I heard are true)

Pete walks to midfield and waits there so he has a chance to shake the other coach's hand and give him a hug.

Matt and Reggie walk over to the UTX lockerroom to congratulate them on their victory.

I admit that I cheered against USC (I hate any team that they start using the word "dynasty" for), but that is true class. In an era where atheletes seem to get more and more self centered, THAT is class.
:thu:

Unfortunately on the other hand you have Vince Young, running around after the game yelling "Who's the Heisman Winner now?" and striking the pose. NOT classy.
:rolleyes:

I do not believe this report. I watched the game, and the remarks made by Leinart and Carroll were not as gracious as this. Vince Young also did not appear to be a jerk from what I saw. And I was pulling for USC because a friend of mine in Texas hates the Longhorns.

• Members

Originally posted by Emprov

I dunno man, in Leinart's interview right after the game he said something like, "We're still the better team, they just made the plays in the end."
:rolleyes:

Yeah..he's a picture of class:rolleyes:

I heard it too and was floored.

Dan

• Members

Originally posted by MrJoshua

Give Leinart a break. He just had to deal with a huge game AND the finals for his ballroom dancing class. He's under a lot of stress.

:D

Also, I don't know if anyone else caught it, but the chick that interviewed him right after the game called him Vince at the end of the interview...now thats funny!

I don't feel bad, he is heading into a multi million dollar career and I also hear he's bangin' Alyssa Milano:eek:

Dan

Archived