Dr.Bass Cabs?

Peaveyherman

• Members

Folks around here don't seem to take sides on this issue very strongly, at least not nearly as strongly as the ongoing Behringer debate. The overall consensus is that both companies make good, affordable cabs that are gigworthy. I have an Avatar 210 Neo that I use for smaller shows, and I like it plenty.

I don't know if this is still the case, but the last I heard Dr. Bass was having trouble filling orders due to some non-business related problems (I believe family circumstances) and their entire line was backordered about 3-4 months. On the other hand, I ordered my Avatar, it shipped the same day, and I had it 2 days later. I can't speak for Dr. Bass, but the customer service I received from Dave at Avatar was outstanding. If you call, you will talk to the owner. If something is wrong, he will fix it at his expense. You can't go wrong, IMO.

• Members

Originally posted by BigPigPeaches

I don't know if this is still the case, but the last I heard Dr. Bass was having trouble filling orders due to some non-business related problems (I believe family circumstances) and their entire line was backordered about 3-4 months...

Isn't that who Gard from Bass Central went to work for? I would think taking on some help would speed things up.

Some day I want to try some of his cabs:

BL_1260.jpg

BL_115.jpg

• Members

Dr. Bass. Pretty decent product...when it finally arrives, that is. Marc has so many excuses for being late, then later, then even later, etc..., that it's almost funny, if it wasn't so sad. About the only one he doesn't use is ,"man, I'm REAL sorry, my dog ate your cab."

I'll not direct $ his way again. Nope. Won't do it. Sorry, that's the way it is, for me at least.

• Members

I had an Avatar 2x12 and traded it for a Dr. Bass 2x10. IMO the construction and overall appearance of the Dr. Bass cab is leaps and bounds better than the Avatar.

I like the compact size and light weight of the Dr. Bass. I gigged it for the first time last weekend and it was great.

On the flip side, Avatar customer service was great. I've never dealt with Marc @ Dr. Bass and what I've read doesn't sound good. Seems to me he has excuse after excuse as to why his lead times are so long. I really want another Dr. Bass cab to match up to my 2x10 but will search high and low for a used one rather than wait 8, 10, 12 weeks for a new one. (are ya listening no-logic?!? :wave:;) )

• Members

I got a Dr. Bass BL2260, haven't had a chance to check it out yet. Lead time was what he said it would be, 2-3 months. I can only say so far that it looks extremely well made.

Rx_2260.jpg

I think they're over whatever problems they may have been having earlier, but remember, these are made-to-order cabs, they don't have a bunch in stock like Avatar does.

Both are run by good guys, though. I'm very happy with my Avatars (I have several, including some discontinued PA cabs), Dave was very helpful. So was Marc at Dr. Bass.

They're really aiming at different market segments, in my opinion.

• Members

Originally posted by bholder

I got a Dr. Bass BL2260, haven't had a chance to check it out yet. Lead time was what he said it would be, 2-3 months. I can only say so far that it looks extremely well made.

I think they're over whatever problems they may have been having earlier, but remember, these are made-to-order cabs, they don't have a bunch in stock like Avatar does.

Both are run by good guys, though.

That sounds promising! I do hope Dr. Bass is over their lead time issues cause I'd really like to get another one here sometime soon now that I have a new project just starting to get off the ground.

• Members

Originally posted by mike fitzwell

I had an Avatar 2x12 and traded it for a Dr. Bass 2x10. IMO the construction and overall appearance of the Dr. Bass cab is leaps and bounds better than the Avatar.

I like the compact size and light weight of the Dr. Bass. I gigged it for the first time last weekend and it was great.

On the flip side, Avatar customer service was great. I've never dealt with Marc @ Dr. Bass and what I've read doesn't sound good. Seems to me he has excuse after excuse as to why his lead times are so long. I really want another Dr. Bass cab to match up to my 2x10 but will search high and low for a used one rather than wait 8, 10, 12 weeks for a new one. (are ya listening no-logic?!?
:wave:;)
)

How would you describe the sound?

• Members

Originally posted by mike fitzwell

On the flip side, Avatar customer service was great. I've never dealt with Marc @ Dr. Bass and what I've read doesn't sound good. Seems to me he has excuse after excuse as to why his lead times are so long. I really want another Dr. Bass cab to match up to my 2x10 but will search high and low for a used one rather than wait 8, 10, 12 weeks for a new one. (are ya listening no-logic?!?
:wave:;)
)

I hear ya Mike. I waited 5 months for a RX115 w/ 2U. Lost the order he said. Geezzz.....

Nice cabs though. Well defined, tight, and loud.

Archived