New Pedals!

Phantasm

• Members

Yes, me, mr. I have to plug the bass straight into the amp ordered some pedals.

I've wanted a decent compressor right now but most of them I've tried at GC were under $100 but sucked. After doing a lot of reading, I ordered a Demeter Compulator direct from Demeter. It says that they've figured out how to make it not suck with a 9V battery and it is designed to operate like an LA2A compressor. I also read a lot of reviews about the pedal's transparency and it has true bypass to boot, so it's in the mail. Hopefully it lives up to the hype.

Next I ordered an A/B box from Loooper. The Boss TU-2 I've been using to tune sucks up parts of my tone, so I've had a love hate relationship with it. This should work as an effected tuner mute to bypass the TU-2 in my normal effects chain. Several other reviewers on HC have mentioned this specific pedal as the reason they bought one of these A/B boxes. Also, it has true bypass and the "Jazz Ad stamp of approval."

Next I'm trying to find a decent bass chrous that doesn't suck up tone with a true bypass. Ashdown says they have one on their web site but it doesn't seem to be out for sale yet...

• Members

Originally posted by 4string

Be prepared to sell them soon after you buy them and then a few months later go out and buy them again, and keep repeating.

Me? Sell stuff?

Nah, I still have the Ibanez Soundtank Chrous I bought in 1993. I never get rid of anything! I'm trying to turn over a new leaf though, since the storm I've got too much stuff to store.

Pedals are small though, so I usually hold on to the small stuff.

• Members

Originally posted by bassplayinguy

personally, if i was gonna go get a compressor, it would be a keeley compressor, those things sound pretty damn sweet. but i also like pissing off the sound guy with my crazy playing dynamics
:)

I looked at the Keeley too. I was lured by the Demeter's promise of "the closest thing to a LA2A in a pedal" and the promises of transparent operation vs. coloration. I'm sure either would suit my purposes though.

Archived