which J pickup to mate with my SDQP?

tim_1002

• Members

i was thinking i would need to get a high output j to match the qp p?

i like the sound of an antiquity but i don't think the output would match.

would u guys recomend the dimarzio ultra jazz, model j or the seymour duncan qp j? yeah it's limited to duncan or marzios. thanks!

• Members

I was thinking about doing the same. In the end though, I kept the stock one. When I crank both the QP and the J pickup i get the smoothest, thumpiest growl and I love it. Matching the output isn't that important IMO, its the sound of the pickup, not the output level you should be looking at. You want something thats going to compliment your QP P pickup, not sit up front with it.

• Members

ive got a SD vintage J and a QP jazz on the way, ill let you know the differences when i get the other one in, i just got the VIntage in and its pretty cool, way better than my stock jazz, the vintage does match up volume wise the the QP P pickup though

BTW one of them will be for sale, and for cheap, if your interested, ill let you know which for sure when i do my little shootout

• Members

Originally posted by bassplayinguy

ive got a SD vintage J and a QP jazz on the way, ill let you know the differences when i get the other one in, i just got the VIntage in and its pretty cool, way better than my stock jazz, the vintage does match up volume wise the the QP P pickup though

BTW one of them will be for sale, and for cheap, if your interested, ill let you know which for sure when i do my little shootout

yeah give me a shout when u want to sell one for the bridge.

i'm currently in singapore. would u mind shipping here?

Archived