EBS Unichorus and Octabass: WOW!

Phantasm

• Members

I picked up an EBS Unichorus this week and ordered an EBS Octabass from someone who was selling it used online. I just spent a few hours fooling with both of them.

WOW! These effects are awesome!

The chorus is very subtle and adds to the sound of your instrument without taking it over and overpowering it. I didn't even switch to flange or pitch shift because I was so stuck on the chorus. And best of all, it doesn't kill the bottom end!

As impressive as the chorus is, the Octabass is UNREAL. This is hands down the fastest and most accurate tracking I've heard on an octaver EVER. Like any other octaver, it gets dicey on the lower notes of the E string but I can get down to a G and have it still be fairly stable. Plus, notes that low produce an octave that's hard to reproduce!

When both effects were used together they complimented each other perfectly. Again, each colors the sound in its own way and still the heart of your bass sound itself isn't lost.

Both pedals have true bypass and when they're not on there's no change in sound. I don't hear it sucking the signal out of my bass like the Boss TU-2 I've got does.

While I was in the shop buying the unichorus, I also got to check out a Multicomp. The tube setting was awesome. The Multiband I didn't really care for as much, it sounded more like an "effect" where the tube sim and normal settings sounded more transparent. I've got a Demeter Compulator on order but if I didn't, I'd probably have a EBS Multicomp as well!

These boxes are pricey, but I highly recommend them if you can check 'em out!

• 1 year later...
  • Members

The Demeter finally arrived... after I adjusted the trim pot, the thing is SWEET! It's a very nice, transparent compressor that you can't hear working... until you turn it off and notice all that it was doing.

Very cool pedal!

I think I'm getting me one of them as well...

Archived