MM pickup in an ATK

tim_1002

• Members

First you're wrong, ATK pickups sound just as good if not better than a MM.

(Yes it's an opinion. No, you can't disagree. :D)

Second, provided your ATK uses a 3 coil PU, Basslines replacements won't work properly, their 3rd coil just being a dummy coil.

Third, if you do this the bass will lose any value it had. It will also ruin the finish and resonance plate. PUs aren't the same size (or even shape) and don't attach on the same spots.

Fourth, If by chance your ATK is a 300, you deserve to be hanged by the nuts for a couple days to understand the true sense of blasphemy.

The only acceptable mod on an ATK would be the Bass Culture wood covered replacement PU.

atk-pu.JPG

• Members

Originally posted by Jazz Ad

First you're wrong, ATK pickups sound just as good if not better than a MM.

I cant say that I agree. I have two ATKs and they sound good, but the MM has a more "signature" sound whereas the ATK is very neutral.

• Members

Originally posted by 78pbass

I cant say that I agree. I have two ATKs and they sound good, but the MM has a more "signature" sound whereas the ATK is very neutral.

yeah that's what i meant.

jazz ad: the wood ones look good but i got no money for those :( and i've got the 100 series which is passive. ok. at least i know they don't fit. yeah i know the holes don't match but i was thinking of patching them up and drilling new ones.

• Members

Originally posted by tim_1002

has anyone tried measuring the hole in the atk bridge to see if a mm pickup can fit in it?

i'm interested in getting the duncan sterling replacements in there. fill up the old holes and drill new ones for the new screw combi.

It's doable, if really think you need it...

You'd need to file a bit of the round screw-thingies in the PU.

Archived