Who would win in a fight?

Banta

• Members

When the Boogeyman goes to sleep every night, he checks his closet for Chuck Norris.

Chuck Norris doesn't read books. He stares them down until he gets the information he wants.

Outer space exists because it's afraid to be on the same planet with Chuck Norris.

• Members

Mr. Presiden-T
80's cultural icon would make a great president.

Benjamin Cormack, Staff Writer

March 08, 2006

I know that there is a good deal of time before the next presidential election, but after a discussion I had with some friends of mine I began to think of someone who would make a great presidential candidate.

After the recent...well...let's say...less than completely satisfactory...group of candidates and presidents we've had over the past few years, I've been thinking it's time we started looking elsewhere for our politicians. With the govenator's recent run of success, Jesse Ventura's work as governor of MINNESOTA, I began to think of another muscular individual that has had a big influence in American life. My nomination for president is one Laurence Tureaud, also known as Laurence Tero-better known as the legendary Mr. T.

Now I've said before that I don't really follow or understand politics, but I've considered this somewhat seriously and based it on the character Mr. T has portrayed and the real Mr. T himself. So, here are my reasons why I think Mr. T would make a great president.

1. Grew-up tough. Mr. T is the eleventh of twelve children; four sistser and and seven brothers. He grew-up in the projects of Chicago, Illinois. He played college football and studied martial arts.

2. Knows How to Run the Military. After leaving college, Mr. T was a Military Police Officer in the U.S. Army. Meaning next to their superiors, people in the military had to answer to him.

3. Appreciates the Arts. For those of you who have seen the episode of Family Guy, yes it is true that Mr. T was a Broadway dancer-in fact he is the first in his family to do so. This was after he injured his knee playing pro-football for the Green Bay Packers.

4. Knows How to Protect People. Mr. T was a bodyguard to the stars for nearly nine years, and has protected celebrities like Muhammad Ali, Michael Jackson, and Diana Ross. He charged around $3,000 a day and his business cards had this quote printed on them: "Next to God, there is no better protector than I."

Mr. T boasts that he never lost a client during his work as a bodyguard, saying, "I got hurt worse growing up in the ghetto than working as a bodyguard."

5. Appreciates the Value of Gold. When Mr. T worked as a doorman/bouncer, he would take jewelry from disorderly people when he would "show them out." He did this not for the gold, but as testament to how well he performed his job. At one point Mr. T's total collection of gold rings, chains, and bracelets was worth about $300,000 and it would take nearly an hour to put all of it on.

Some nights Mr. T would sleep in his jewelry, "to see how my ancestors, who were slaves, felt." The weight of his chains equaling those that his ancestors were forced to wear.

Recently, however, Mr. T has announced that he would never wear his chains again, claiming that it's an "insult to God." The affects of Hurricane Katrina had much to do with this, and he also donated a great deal of clothing and money to Katrina victims.

6. Warrior in his own right. Apparently it was while reading National Geographic that Mr. T first saw the hairstyle which has now become one of his famous trademarks. The same hairstyle is sported by African Mandinka warriors. Adopting this style was a powerful statement, in Mr. T's view, about his African origins.

7. Smarter than he looks. Many of you probably remember Mr. T's role as tough man Sergeant Bosco "B.A." (short for "bad attitude") Baracus of the A-Team. When asked at a press conference whether he was as stupid as B.A. Baracus, he said quietly, "It takes a smart guy to play dumb." Speak softly, carry big stick.

8. Tough, but Merciful: Mr. T has never shown himself to be afraid of or unwilling to put a hurt`n on anyone who deserved it, but he's always made it clear that he was willing to show mercy. Frankly, anybody who would challenge Mr. T is a fool in my eyes, and Mr. T always pitied the fool.

9. All About the Kids. If there was one thing Mr. T stood for more than anything it was standing-up for kids: Protecting them from drugs and bullies; making sure they had fun, safe places to go; making sure they knew what the right thing to do was and that they did the right thing; always being there to back-up kids when they were facing adults as a great equalizer. Whether it was in public service announcements, his cartoon show, or in his 1984 rap album titled Mr. T's Commandments, Mr. T was a powerful force that spoke to children and adults. In some ways Mr. T is still doing his thing with a new twist. He can often be seen discussing things and talking about community programs he's involved in on The Christian Network (TCN).

10. Personal Thoughts. It was partially due to Mr. T that I myself never got into serious trouble or ever did drugs. Aside from the whole not-wanting-to-disappoint-my-parents and the fear of health problems and death, there was always that lingering fear that if I was ever doing something I shouldn't have been doing Mr. T was going to break through a wall and beat the tar out of me. I was also afraid he'd be joined by Sergeant Slaughter and the Mario Brothers while riding inside of Optimus Prime, but that's a whole other issue.

Now some of you are probably still thinking I'm crazy for suggesting Mr. T to be the leader of our country, but who better to be a leader than someone that scores of people admired as children and someone who continues to be a symbol of what's right in this world? I can just imagine guys like Osama bin Laden running hysterically scared if they knew Mr. T was coming after them, especially if they messed with a youth center and/or didn't drink their milk.

http://www.theeastcarolinian.com/vnews/display.v/ART/2006/03/08/440e3c6a61bbe

• Members
Originally posted by The Ox

Mr. Presiden-T

80's cultural icon would make a great president.

Benjamin Cormack, Staff Writer

March 08, 2006

I know that there is a good deal of time before the next presidential election, but after a discussion I had with some friends of mine I began to think of someone who would make a great presidential candidate.

After the recent...well...let's say...less than completely satisfactory...group of candidates and presidents we've had over the past few years, I've been thinking it's time we started looking elsewhere for our politicians. With the govenator's recent run of success, Jesse Ventura's work as governor of MINNESOTA, I began to think of another muscular individual that has had a big influence in American life. My nomination for president is one Laurence Tureaud, also known as Laurence Tero-better known as the legendary Mr. T.

Now I've said before that I don't really follow or understand politics, but I've considered this somewhat seriously and based it on the character Mr. T has portrayed and the real Mr. T himself. So, here are my reasons why I think Mr. T would make a great president.

1. Grew-up tough. Mr. T is the eleventh of twelve children; four sistser and and seven brothers. He grew-up in the projects of Chicago, Illinois. He played college football and studied martial arts.

2. Knows How to Run the Military. After leaving college, Mr. T was a Military Police Officer in the U.S. Army. Meaning next to their superiors, people in the military had to answer to him.

3. Appreciates the Arts. For those of you who have seen the episode of Family Guy, yes it is true that Mr. T was a Broadway dancer-in fact he is the first in his family to do so. This was after he injured his knee playing pro-football for the Green Bay Packers.

4. Knows How to Protect People. Mr. T was a bodyguard to the stars for nearly nine years, and has protected celebrities like Muhammad Ali, Michael Jackson, and Diana Ross. He charged around $3,000 a day and his business cards had this quote printed on them: "Next to God, there is no better protector than I."

Mr. T boasts that he never lost a client during his work as a bodyguard, saying, "I got hurt worse growing up in the ghetto than working as a bodyguard."

5. Appreciates the Value of Gold. When Mr. T worked as a doorman/bouncer, he would take jewelry from disorderly people when he would "show them out." He did this not for the gold, but as testament to how well he performed his job. At one point Mr. T's total collection of gold rings, chains, and bracelets was worth about $300,000 and it would take nearly an hour to put all of it on.

Some nights Mr. T would sleep in his jewelry, "to see how my ancestors, who were slaves, felt." The weight of his chains equaling those that his ancestors were forced to wear.

Recently, however, Mr. T has announced that he would never wear his chains again, claiming that it's an "insult to God." The affects of Hurricane Katrina had much to do with this, and he also donated a great deal of clothing and money to Katrina victims.

6. Warrior in his own right. Apparently it was while reading National Geographic that Mr. T first saw the hairstyle which has now become one of his famous trademarks. The same hairstyle is sported by African Mandinka warriors. Adopting this style was a powerful statement, in Mr. T's view, about his African origins.

7. Smarter than he looks. Many of you probably remember Mr. T's role as tough man Sergeant Bosco "B.A." (short for "bad attitude") Baracus of the A-Team. When asked at a press conference whether he was as stupid as B.A. Baracus, he said quietly, "It takes a smart guy to play dumb." Speak softly, carry big stick.

8. Tough, but Merciful: Mr. T has never shown himself to be afraid of or unwilling to put a hurt`n on anyone who deserved it, but he's always made it clear that he was willing to show mercy. Frankly, anybody who would challenge Mr. T is a fool in my eyes, and Mr. T always pitied the fool.

9. All About the Kids. If there was one thing Mr. T stood for more than anything it was standing-up for kids: Protecting them from drugs and bullies; making sure they had fun, safe places to go; making sure they knew what the right thing to do was and that they did the right thing; always being there to back-up kids when they were facing adults as a great equalizer. Whether it was in public service announcements, his cartoon show, or in his 1984 rap album titled Mr. T's Commandments, Mr. T was a powerful force that spoke to children and adults. In some ways Mr. T is still doing his thing with a new twist. He can often be seen discussing things and talking about community programs he's involved in on The Christian Network (TCN).

10. Personal Thoughts. It was partially due to Mr. T that I myself never got into serious trouble or ever did drugs. Aside from the whole not-wanting-to-disappoint-my-parents and the fear of health problems and death, there was always that lingering fear that if I was ever doing something I shouldn't have been doing Mr. T was going to break through a wall and beat the tar out of me. I was also afraid he'd be joined by Sergeant Slaughter and the Mario Brothers while riding inside of Optimus Prime, but that's a whole other issue.

Now some of you are probably still thinking I'm crazy for suggesting Mr. T to be the leader of our country, but who better to be a leader than someone that scores of people admired as children and someone who continues to be a symbol of what's right in this world? I can just imagine guys like Osama bin Laden running hysterically scared if they knew Mr. T was coming after them, especially if they messed with a youth center and/or didn't drink their milk.

http://www.theeastcarolinian.com/vnews/display.v/ART/2006/03/08/440e3c6a61bbe

proof that Mr.T owns :thu:

Archived