New Tool single is out there

Phantasm

• Members

Originally posted by Phantasm

I got a copy of it last night and it sounds great, sounds like Tool. The album should all be just fine based on the single.

I now await all the trolls and Tool haters to post...

How'd you get it?

Isn't it a little early?

I can't wait for the cd, esp with Kabir's review on toolshed.down.net.

Yo.

• Members

Originally posted by Apendecto

How'd you get it?

Isn't it a little early?

I can't wait for the cd, esp with Kabir's review on toolshed.down.net.

Yo.

There's a link to it in another message board. I'd post the link but I think that violates the rules.

Does it violate the rules for me to say go to ____.com, look in the music forum, and there's a thread on it?

• Members

Did you get like an entire song or just a little clip? I got a short instrumental clip that was supposedly Tool and sounds like Tool. Actually the chorus is kinda like Lateralus. I later found out that it was the main theme music for Doom 3. It was titled Vicarious. I also later found out, while that is the name of one of the tracks off the new album it's also the company that either made the game or had a lot to do with it (it says Vicarious Visions when it loads). I'm not trying to doubt what you've heard, just trying to keep anybody else from getting dooped like I did.

Peace

• Members

Originally posted by 5string_machine

Did you get like an entire song or just a little clip? I got a short instrumental clip that was supposedly Tool and sounds like Tool. Actually the chorus is kinda like Lateralus. I later found out that it was the main theme music for Doom 3. It was titled Vicarious. I also later found out, while that is the name of one of the tracks off the new album it's also the company that either made the game or had a lot to do with it (it says Vicarious Visions when it loads). I'm not trying to doubt what you've heard, just trying to keep anybody else from getting dooped like I did.

Peace

It's the whole song and I am 100% sure this is Tool. The song sounds recording-quality-wise like it could have been on Lateralus.

• Members

Wow. Yeah after I posted that reply I heard it on the radio. Good call man. The thing I got called Vicarious wasn't that at all. I'm glad I finally got to hear the real thing. Their bass player, Justin Chancellor, as well as the rest of the band are amazing at their craft.

• Members

I just read that it was leaked. I didn't think it was supposed to be out til April 17th and indeed it wasn't. I guess they sent it as a digital file and the security was down for a few minutes on the server or something, and so people were able to get it. Some radio stations played it already, but I guess they've been getting cease and desist letters from the label and such.

Archived