Goin' shoppin' : Effect pedals suggestions please !

The Unknown

• Members

Hi !

I'm going shopping in music stores today... I still have room for a medium-sized pedal in my pedalboard and I'd enjoy suggestions on things to try out for fun, just in case I get the feeling... nothing that would require a loan ;)

What I allready have on the board : Octaver, Fuzz, Enveloppe Filter, Bassballs (sort of another filter).

• Members

Yeah, I've got some modulation pedals but they haven't made it to the permanent pedalboard... I've got an old Ibanez Soundtank bass chorus and an 80's Phaser made in Japan under the "Ampeg" banner... The soundtank's bypass isn't superb (drops out highs when turned off) and the phaser is noisy and makes an horrible hummmmmm when it's off (and I'm not telling you about the noise when it's on).

The problem with the EBS is that they go for around 180 Euros in Canada...

Ever tried the EHX Tube Zipper, c'est un homonyme de ta fameuse basse !

• Members

I suggest:

A manual wah like a Morley or Dunlop. Try both, pick what you like better. For me they're about the same given the application. I have a Morley.

A chorus/flanger/phaser. A Boss CEB3 chorus and a Digitech Hyper Phaser together can give you a sort of flangerish sound without the very audible "whooooosh". The Boss can also do a very convincing vibrato. My flangers are the models in the Line 6 MM4. IMO, Boss has this niche covered well.

A delay. I have two Digitech Digi-Delays and a Fender DGL1 in a chain. You can get digital delays used for very little $. I have three because I like having "presets".:)

A dist/OD pedal. I use a Tech21 American Woman. I like it, it sounds very "vintagey". I also have a Digitech Bass Driver and a Sansamp GT2 (for light grind). I know a lot of folks who like the VL Sparkle Drive.

Well, I guess you can also use a synth. I like what I heard with Funkfreedomfighter's Boss SYB3. I myself have a Digitech BSW which also serves as my envelope filter.

Archived