Replacement bridge for a Stingray?

Kid Vicious

• Members

There's not really a direct-retrofit Stingray bridge on the market. You'd probably have to drill for a Badass or Gotoh if you wanted to put something else on there. Plus, that bridge doesn't really look like one on any Stingray that I've seen-looks like they just copied the plate shape off of the older (1976-1990-something) 'Rays and put standard saddles on the plate.

• Members

Originally posted by 82Daion

There's not really a direct-retrofit Stingray bridge on the market. You'd probably have to drill for a Badass or Gotoh if you wanted to put something else on there. Plus, that bridge doesn't really look like one on any Stingray that I've seen-looks like they just copied the plate shape off of the older (1976-1990-something) 'Rays and put standard saddles on the plate.

Well what about a stock Stingray bridge? Is there any way to buy one separately?

• Members

Originally posted by Kid Vicious

Well what about a stock Stingray bridge? Is there any way to buy one separately?

You could talk to Ernie Ball/Music Man customer service and see if they'd sell you one, but the current EB bass bridge most likely wouldn't fit on there, and they haven't made the old-style bridge since the early 90's, so your chances of getting one are pretty slim.

It looks like they tried to copy the look of the old SR bridge, but otherwise it's not the same. I'd need a pic, but IIRC, it would be much easier to just get rid of the stock bridge and install a high-quality aftermarket one.

• Members

Originally posted by Kid Vicious

Cause I can't find anyone on here with an SX who
hasn't
replaced the bridge.

Its because with the SX fender clones, it clones the {censored}ty bridge. If you have a $400 MIM fender you still want to replace the bridge. With the clone of the 'ray, they clone the greater-mass bridge as well. It could be completely fine. I would say its not worth the hassle of replacing.

Archived