Akai UB1 alternatives?

jeffrey ray

• Members

Depends what you are going for.

But what are you using it for. An octave up? If you don't need to harmonize it a Boss Pitch shifter works well. If you want to send it to a guitar amp, you'll have to get something like a aby box. Digitech makes the Whammy which does a bunch of crazy {censored}, but it felt like a Tonka toy under my feet.

It all depends on what you need.

Yo.

• Members

Originally posted by Apendecto

Depends what you are going for.

The distortion on is is cheasy as balls.

Yo.

Actually, I've found the Unibass's distortion to be usable through my Fulltone BassDrive.

It gives it much more of a sizzle to my BassDrive and actually blends to sound kind of like an 8 string when I use the Unibass into the Bassdrive. It pretty much gives me two more usable and noticably different distorted tones.

• Members

Originally posted by Texas Noise Factory

Actually, I've found the Unibass's distortion to be usable through my Fulltone BassDrive.

It gives it much more of a sizzle to my BassDrive and actually blends to sound kind of like an 8 string when I use the Unibass into the Bassdrive. It pretty much gives me two more usable and noticably different distorted tones.

I'm listeining :love:

What was your distortion level on the Unibass.

Yo.

• Members

Apendecto:

I think the Unibass' distortion knob was at about 3/4. I'll have to check when I get home... I just blend it in so that when it gets kicked on, it just gets more full sounding. Granted, just by itself without the Fulltone, I rarely use it in the setting I have it on... It's not that great sounding without including the Fulltone's warmth. Using the other stuff I use, I find that I can get the Unibass' effect to be kind of touch sensitive depending on playing dynamics and/or pick use.

Archived