phil lesh appreash

sudbury

• Members

man some of his lines are just filthy. nicely placed but filthy good. any favorites, opinions, does anyone know what kinds of progressions he plays, i'm having a hard time getting it down?

peace

• Members

Originally posted by sudbury

man some of his lines are just filthy. nicely placed but filthy good. any favorites, opinions, does anyone know what kinds of progressions he plays, i'm having a hard time getting it down?

peace

His is a name that shows up here from time to time, but never as often as it should!

My brother (and co-writer) just sent me a bit and said 'It needs a Phil Lesh bassline', so I did my best to rise to the occasion.

Unfortunately, I can't even begin to say why my bassline was Lesh-Like, other than the fact that the song my brother sent me was 'Dead-ly'... SO, it just kind of went in that direction.

• Members

I think the big thing with Phil Lesh is that he will often play anything but the root of the chord. Of course, being in a band with two guitarists and a keyboard player, you get a bit more room to move around and play harmony.

Archived