TZ-2 "The Fuzz"

megadan

• Members

Wow. I just this pedal today.

It's sick. Insane.

Instant Lighting Bolt tone when I plug this beast into my p-bass.

It's massive, and it doesn't drop the lows like the big muff. It actually adds lows. And highs. And speaker shredding, chainsaw ripping fuzz. Your bass is a weapon and you need to play it loud.

Noise guys - Steers BC? You gotta try this beast.

Thanks for the recommendation JA :thu:

• Members

When I used it at band practice, I notice that it did seem to 'drop' the mids a bit, I think because it ads highs and lows...

But I'm still moving it around in the chain to see where it works best... it seems like all my pedals want to be first :rolleyes:

• Members

I used it at a gig last night, along with the Bassdrive.

I got lots of compliments on my tone! Which I think is the first time that's happened. It was pretty cool.

I seem to have found excellent settings for both the tz-2 and the bassdrive. Awesome.

• 1 year later...
  • Members

You can see my TZ-2 in a video I posted a while ago:

[YOUTUBE]uBlILzKoSnM[/YOUTUBE]

Settings wise, I usually keep the "depth" around 10 o'clock or so so as not to go totally nuts. Volume to taste depending on the bass, but usually between 11 and 2 o'clock.

But like you said, it only has two knobs, so a lot of it really depends on the bass, the amp, and what other pedals you're using.

It really only has the one tone ;)

• Members

yeah I went lookin for that video. I seem to get a rough sound I like when the depth is turned right down to about 7 o'clock up to around 10 o'clock like you said, and the volume is set to roughly what sounds even between on and off. Again, I've been playing with this in my bedroom, at nowhere near top volume, so Sunday will be the true test with the band to see how much difference and what it sounds like. Sounds fantastic with your Ric though. I'll post a vid of me eventually...

Archived