Band Video on the Web

Thunderbroom

• Members

I'm planning to put up a couple of videos from my band's performance from Taste of Chicago on our website and/or our MySpace site.

I started a similar thread like this a week or so ago, and it was suggested by many to encode it into Flash.

My guestion is a little different but still related.

For the original encoding from the camera (Sony Digital Camcorder), what format should I capture it in and more specifically what screen size? I don't know all of the options that I have, so I guess maybe the screen size it the most important question here.

• Members

Originally posted by Thunderbroom

I'm planning to put up a couple of videos from my band's performance from Taste of Chicago on our website and/or our MySpace site.

I started a similar thread like this a week or so ago, and it was suggested by many to encode it into Flash.

My guestion is a little different but still related.

For the original encoding from the camera (Sony Digital Camcorder), what format should I capture it in and more specifically what screen size? I don't know all of the options that I have, so I guess maybe the screen size it the most important question here.

There are programs you can use to transer you avi/mpg to swf files.

Or if you have flash (you can download a full working 30 trial from macromedia website) just inport the video and resize it then save.

bad thng about creating the flash movie yourself is it wont be streaming and have play, stop controls you will have to create those but if you find a program to do it for you it should ad them.

heres somewhere to look

http://www.download.com/3120-20_4-0.html?tg=dl-2001&qt=avi%20to%20flash%20convert&tag=srch

Archived