Another stupid speaker question..

no-logic

• Members

Alright.....stupid question. I have a small 90 watt Hartke combo that I got cheap and it needs a speaker (12") I have a Delta12LF laying around. I know it's a major overkill but I already own it. Will putting such little power through a speaker with such a large magnet suck the amp dry before the magnet moves enough to get a decent sound? (I know....Hartke and decent don't belong in the same sentence.) Or should I just pickup a 100 or 150 watt speaker to put in this thing? (End of stupid question.)

• Members

Originally posted by no-logic

Alright.....stupid question. I have a small 90 watt Hartke combo that I got cheap and it needs a speaker (12") I have a Delta12LF laying around. I know it's a major overkill but I already own it. Will putting such little power through a speaker with such a large magnet suck the amp dry before the magnet moves enough to get a decent sound? (I know....Hartke and decent don't belong in the same sentence.) Or should I just pickup a 100 or 150 watt speaker to put in this thing? (End of stupid question.)

I thought at one point you owned every bass cab in existance?! Shouldn't you know this by now?! j/k :p:D

• Members
Originally posted by RyCLB

I thought at one point you owned every bass cab in existance?! Shouldn't you know this by now?! j/k
:p:D

Yeah, but just because I owned them doesn't mean I know anything about them. All I know is whether they sound good to me or not. I just thought I would ask the guys that REALLY know.

Archived