Roland V-bass Bypass Quality Question?

Deki

• Members

Hi there,

I intend to buy v-bass soon because I tried it last week and I was amazed. But before that I want to be sure about it's bypass sound quality. I tried it at my friend's home bass amp and I didn't noticed any tone sucking. But same thing I experienced with BOSS ME50B processor and when I bought it and used it on big stage with band, sound engineer had problems to make good PA sound of my bass (bypassed). These problems disapeared when I pluged my '77 jazz bass directly to EBS TD650 head. When I'm using effects, sound is pretty cool, but when I turn to bypass I hear lack of punch and definition, which I have when I remove processor from chain. This lack of punch is not heard when I play solo. I'm little worrying because BOSS ME50B uses same COSM technology.

Please could you tell me your experiences on your V-BASS?

• Members

Originally posted by Jazz Ad

There's no bypass on the V-bass. The sound is always processed by the unit, even with all effects off.

I know that there is no true bypass, but I think that there is functional bypass which can be assigned to GK3B controller assignable button and which also activates tuner, of course only if BASS is selected on BASS-MIX-GK switch on GK3B. Am I wrong?

• Members

Originally posted by Fireball_73

Is true bypass just basically putting the input straight to the output of an effects unit without it travelling through the effects circuit?
:confused:

Yes you are right. This is in order to preserve original sound signal without any digital or other conversion.

Archived