Metalheads! Sam Dunn's Heavy Metal Documentary is playing on VH1 now.

Ace Of Bass

• Members

I just saw that last weekend!

I thought it was pretty well done, though some of the interviewees are a bit over the top.

That one dude from Golgoroth....I'm sorry, when you look at the camera and say that Satan is your inspiration for music, and you do it with a straight face.....I just can't take you seriously.

Alice Cooper had it right when he was talking about how "Spinal Tap" a lot of the Norwegian black metal was ;)

And those two morons from Mayhem....:rolleyes:

Everyone else was pretty {censored}in' cool though:thu:

• 8 months later...
  • Members

That one dude from Golgoroth....I'm sorry, when you look at the camera and say that Satan is your inspiration for music, and you do it with a straight face.....I just can't take you seriously.

well VH1 is still playing it! i just saw it all these months later, and found this thread.

now i am only bumping this long dead thread out of respect for the guy mentioned above from golgoroth. i have rarely in my life seen someone be such a jackass. i mean this is maybe the fourth time ive witnessed something of this magnitude.

doesnt matter if your into metal, doesnt matter if youre even into music, you have to witness this guy.

not only does he just say "satan." he gives that one word sentence as much dramatic pause as possible, in english. and he doesnt stop there. he is sipping wine!

he pauses (dramatically!) after the question is asked not making a move for like ten seconds, and then takes a sip of his wine right as he answers. then when they aske why, he just says, "freedom". what a fuggin tool.

ha, oh and, the interview takes place in a friggin wine cellar.

really he could not be any more cheeseball dramatic if he tried. unless he voluntarily stated that he supported church burnings and that there *would* be more, which he actually did say.

to think that him, his band, and that interview are all actually *recent* events blows my mind.

reminds me of highschool...

-sorry to bust in your forum. im a musician, ive heard good things about this place. i hope someone at leasts gets a laugh out of this if they can catch this vh1 show...

:)

oh- theres another killer part in this --

i think its an old roadie for motley crue. paraphrasing, says 'after i got off the road it was a long time before i could even respect a woman. they were all pigs'

-something like that. it is one hell of a quote! gotta love the dvr!!

:wave:

Archived