its like the buffalo bills arent even trying.

jonathan_matos5

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've got Thomas Jones, Muhsin Muhammad and Rex Grossman on my fantasy football team. Muhammad and Grossman sat on the bench today, but Thomas Jones has delivered the past 2 weeks for me. :thu:

The only reason Grossman is on the bench is because McNabb is my starting QB......just to clarify.

I love da Bears.

• Members

Originally posted by JeffBass

They now have the best defense, special teams and offense in the NFL.

Look out everybody, the Bears are gonna steamroll everybody and win the Super Bowl.
:thu:

Best offense, huh? How's the koolaid taste? Is it cherry flavored? :D

Defense, you've definitely got an argument. But even that's not a given.

You've played 1.5 good teams, one mediocre team and 2 absolute chumps. So consider that when examining stats.

Total YPG - 4th, but giving up more than 33% more than San Diego.

Rushing Defense - 7th

Passing Defense - 7th

Points Per Game - 1st

That's the really leg upon which the argument stands. However, it's hard to believe that Chicago's defense will consistantly go from 7th to 1st every time the opponent hits the Red Zone. And I don't think every team is going to be so inept in the Endzone as Chicago's opponents have been...

Still Chicago is likely #1 or #2 since they're almost certainly better than KC and I don't think San Diego will continue on the pace they're at.

On the Offensive side of the ball though, you've got no leg to stand on...

Despite playing two of the worst defenses in the league (and none of the best) this is how they're looking:

YPG - 8th

Rush YPG - 21st

Pass YPG - 5th (two of their opponents were the 2nd and 3rd worst passing Defenses in the league)

Points Per Game - 4th

None of that suggests "best offense" or even "great offense"...The rushing numbers should be cause for concern. Passing offenses with weak armed QBs don't win the Super Bowl...

All that said, the only decent chances at losses the Bears have are St. Louis, and New England. NYG (I think they'll make Eli look horrible), and Minn have some shot, but I wouldn't be suprised if the Bears went 14-2...But that still doesn't mean they have the best offense :p

• Members

KK, 5 and 0 baby! Nothing else needed to know. So, don't waste your time laying out such elaborate arguments against the Bears, just sit back and enjoy some kick-ass Chicago Bears football! Is that another 'Shuffle I hear? I think it is!:D

• Members

Originally posted by L-1329

KK, 5 and 0 baby! Nothing else needed to know. So, don't waste your time laying out such elaborate arguments against the Bears, just sit back and enjoy some kick-ass Chicago Bears football! Is that another 'Shuffle I hear? I think it is!
:D

Oh, I didn't realize they shortened the season to five games and eliminated the playoffs...my bad...

I'll let you get back to counting those unhatched chickens :D

You guys went 13-3 Last Season, trashed the Panthers in the regular season while they had several players injured...

How'd that playoff matchup against them go for you guys?

I doubt Santayana cares much for American footbal, ah well...:D

• Members

Originally posted by Thunderbroom

Kashue is just a hater.

Yep...I hate when people make the same mistakes they have made prior...When they ignore rationality for emotion...When they ignore emperical evidence for "feelings"...ect, etc...:D

I can almost guarantee I'm a bigger Tigers fan than any of ya'll are Bears fans (raise your hand if you've paid $500 to fly to a city for a day and see a playoff game), and they just trounced the Yankees. And I'm still aware that the As could whallop them...

The Bears are 5-0, with 3 wins against the Lions, Packers, and Bills, and people are making hotel arrangements for Miami..."The Bears are playing Great" will get no argument from me "The Bears have the best offense in the League"? That's likely to get a response...:p

• Members

Originally posted by King Kashue

"The Bears have the best offense in the League"? That's likely to get a response...
:p

It's called fun and enjoying the moment. Sometimes I think you're too smart for your own good. Do you analyze everything in your life or is it just on this forum?

:)

• Members

It's called fun and enjoying the moment. Sometimes I think you're too smart for your own good. Do you analyze everything in your life or is it just on this forum?

Everything...

And since when does "fun" require self-delusion? Or "enjoying the moment" require talking about an event 4 months away? :p

I'm flying to Oakland on Tuesday to watch the Tigers/As game, I'm flying back the next morning...Will it be more "fun" if I convince myself the Tigers can't lose, even though they can? Or spending the game talking about winning the World Series even though they're just starting the ALCS?

I don't need to make something into something it's not to have fun...I get plenty of enjoyment out of what life really is, not out of what it might possibly be ;)

• Members

Everything...

And since when does "fun" require self-delusion? Or "enjoying the
moment
" require talking about an event 4 months away?

I'm flying to Oakland on Tuesday to watch the Tigers/As game, I'm flying back the next morning...Will it be more "fun" if I convince myself the Tigers can't lose, even though they can? Or spending the game talking about winning the World Series even though they're just starting the ALCS?

I don't need to make something into something it's not to have fun...I get plenty of enjoyment out of what life really is, not out of what it might possibly be
;)

Damn you like hearing yourself.

;)

• Members

Burn...Ya got me.

It ain't too hard. I suck at things requiring wit, but I'm good at making cash.

That's good...So you got a job where they pay you to read books and travel to France, Germany, Italy, and Greece every year? I'm glad to hear it, more people should have jobs like ours :D

• Members

You've played 1.5 good teams, one mediocre team and 2 absolute chumps. So consider that when examining stats.

Despite playing two of the worst defenses in the league ...

When you look at the absolutely dominating way that the Bears have beaten these teams, the "weak opponents" arguement goes out the window.

:wave:

Bring 'em on.

• Members

That's good...So you got a job where they pay you to read books and travel to France, Germany, Italy, and Greece every year? I'm glad to hear it, more people should have jobs like ours

No...can't say I have a job like that, but I do work for Fortune 500 companies as a consultant...most notably ExxonMobil.

And...I don't have any school loans.

Archived