A Disturbing Wake-Up Call

rastafarian_nz

• Members

This morning was interesting to say the least. I had to wake up early to clear my bedroom out before work, as we're getting our carpet replaced. I reached over to turn my alarm off to find that my alarm wasn't actually going off. Coming to my senses, I then realised what I was hearing was a woman crying out in the living room. Glanced out the window to see a police car parked on the street. My first coherent thought for the day was, "Oh {censored}."

Turns out that one our neighbours - a very wealthy chinese buisinessman - threatened to kill his wife and daughter and set the house on fire. He was apparently getting very violent, so she grabbed her daughter, fled the house and called the cops. Seeing lights on in our house (dad was up having breakfast), she knocked on our door.

From the information I gathered, the husband has been in and out of one marriage before, has a history of abuse, and has been known to publicly express his hatred for the wife and daughter. He was taken into custody at 5:15am this morning to be released on bail before trial for assault.

• Members

Originally posted by rastafarian_nz

Here's to hoping so, and then some. It doesn't matter who you are, you just don't treat anyone like that and expect to get away with it.

Would it have been better if he followed through with those threats, then fled the Country while the cause was being investigated?

Then his Wife and Daughter wouldn't have woke you up at 5:00 :rolleyes:

• Members
Originally posted by Fran da Man

Would it have been better if he followed through with those threats, then fled the Country while the cause was being investigated?

It would appear he was attempting to.

Then his Wife and Daughter wouldn't have woke you up at 5:00
:rolleyes:

I had to wake up at 5am anyway, but waking to the sound of a genuinely distressed woman crying isn't the most pleasant way to start the day.

:(

• Members

Dude - that sucks

and I thought I lived in the ghetto....

something similar happend to a friend a couple of years ago.

Neighbour came over to their place and said her husband had gone nuts and was threatening to kill her.

They let her in and called the cops.

Before the cops got there the guy tried kicking the door down to get her.

Police turn up and the dude is running up and down the street going physco.

Took three police officers holding him down before a fourth could cuff him.

• Members
Originally posted by BassDemon

Dude - that sucks

and I thought I lived in the ghetto....

something similar happend to a friend a couple of years ago.

Neighbour came over to their place and said her husband had gone nuts and was threatening to kill her.

They let her in and called the cops.

Before the cops got there the guy tried kicking the door down to get her.

Police turn up and the dude is running up and down the street going physco.

Took three police officers holding him down before a fourth could cuff him.

Funny thing is, Howick is one of the most placid suburbs in the greater Auckland area, so it was a bit "out of the blue" so to speak.

• Members

A friend once said

"Howick is where retired people go to die"

Which is pretty close really.

Although I think these days it's where asian immigrants go to build huge pink palaces with ornate entranceways.

Mangere on the other hand is where people come to get their head kicked in by gangs.

Archived