speaker question

moody

• Members

Hi

Last night I won an ebay auction for 3 12" speakers which I was going to use in a couple of monitor cabs that don't have good drivers in them.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBSAA:US:11&Item=220043571625

I was informed after I won it that due to an error the three speakers were in fact 10" not 12" and that I didn't have to buy them if I didn't want to.

They are however still a really good deal (about $15 american each). I've been using an etone 15" in my bass cabs for years and they keep going. Are they worth keeping for any reason that anyone can think of? I have been interested in a single or 2x10" top box for my bass rig - but the 3 aren't matched and probably not ideal for something like that.

opinions?

• Members

If I had the skills, tools, room, and knowledge, I'd build either a 2x10 and 1x10 cab out of those (matching two up that give a pleasing tone together, and proper impedence) or I'd build a cab with all 3 10s and a 12 or 15, whichever you prefer (again, impedence might be an issue.)

• Members

A 2x10 would be sweet, mate.

Get them.

Make the 2x10 box with bits from jaycar and misterply and wood.

box will cost you AU$100.

Get a formula for sizing from the live sound forum.

That they dont match is irrelavent for that price.

If you want to match them.. get Greg Ball in Penrith or Smithys to give you a clone and go from there.

E tone and peavey 10s are good speakers for $25

Im jealous.

Hey.. take a peek at my pod thread will you.. i need a valued opinion.

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1434025

• Members

Originally posted by Melville

.....or I'd build a cab with all 3 10s and a 12 or 15, whichever you prefer (again, impedence might be an issue.)

I have enough trouble dragging single 15" cabinets around without adding more size and weight.

• Members

Originally posted by D Aussie

A 2x10 would be sweet, mate.

Get them.

Make the 2x10 box with bits from jaycar and misterply and wood.

box will cost you AU$100.

Get a formula for sizing from the live sound forum.

That they dont match is irrelavent for that price.

If you want to match them.. get Greg Ball in Penrith or Smithys to give you a clone and go from there.

E tone and peavey 10s are good speakers for $25

Im jealous.

Hey.. take a peek at my pod thread will you.. i need a valued opinion.

I think I will

I just sent of an email to him saying that I would buy the speakers regardless (they work out at just over $20 aus each including shipping). 2 10's over my big 15" sub will work way better than my current 15" over 15" sub (using exactly the same speaker in two different cabinets).

Archived