URB: Pick A Color

Thunderbroom

• Members

Originally posted by Undead Sycip

T-Broom, if you'll trust my opinion I can visit there and check out and fondle the basses and then call you (or you can call me).

Let me know if you want to do this. I won't be able to do this this coming week as I have to sit in a court martial panel but I am free to run around town next week.

That would be great! I really think I want the blonde though the black and white ones are nice as well.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by Tim in WV

that glossy white would look mega fine in a jazz combo. are those basses any good? i always thout the egelhardts were about the lowest serious bass with tone and get-down.
:)

I thought you said in another thread that your typing skills have diminished. You're rockin' that keyboard like nobody's business!

I'm looking to play one with my country band. I have no intention of playing jazz or any other serious genre with it. I think it will be just fine.

• Members
Originally posted by Tim in WV

believe me it has. i am cleaning them up a lot before postage. takes another half hour somtimes.

heri iswhat myyping looklike befor i go back over it. and thisisa goo day. short posts. my brain cant think fast enough to follow the fingers mst days.

I am so glad to see you back online and posting here.
:)

• Members

Originally posted by Thunderbroom

That would be great! I really think I want the blonde though the black and white ones are nice as well.

I'll PM you my cell #. Once I'm in the store I'll contact you and we can chit chat about each bass they have on display as I try them. I'll pass it to the sales monkey if you decide to pull the trigger then.

Let me know if this will work for you.

• Members

Originally posted by BigPigPeaches

Bump cause I wanna know what your final decision was.

If things work according to plan, Undead Sycip is going to stop by the shop in Cali next week (I'm hoping Monday or Tuesday) to check out the basses for me. At this point it's between the flat black and the blonde. If the blonde looks exceptionally good and plays well, I'll likely go with it. If not, black it will be. He's going to call me from the showroom floor. I'll make the deal based on his input.

Once the deal is sealed, I'll head over to Gollihur's site to order a stand, a preamp and pickups.

And then...I'll wait.

• Members
Originally posted by Thunderbroom

The band is totally wanting me to get this thing; however, I don't think they've realized that either the band is buying me a trailer or that some of them will have to absorb various PA gear.

:D

Yeah, there's a surprise. Everyone is always excited about someone else buying stuff that makes the band cooler.

Since you guys are getting regular gigs, they shouldn't have a problem with buying a trailer.

• Members
Originally posted by burdizzos

Since you guys are getting regular gigs, they shouldn't have a problem with buying a trailer.

A trailer is seriously not going to happen. I just looked on eBay. It seems that the small (5 x 8) trailers are ~$1400. I'd have to have a trailer hitch installed on the van as well.

The deal breaker would be my neighborhood. It's against the local zoning for me to keep a trailer in my driveway or on the side of the yard.

I don't really want a trailer anyway.

I'd rather share the PA gear.
:D

Archived