Wanted: Bass Rig

Reaxis

• Members

Hi everyone, im looking for a bass rig for bedroom recording... i couldnt find a spam thread in the bass forum.

i was looking at warwick basses, but im open to anything really. Im not looking for anything really cheap in quality to get by on, but im also not looking to spend thousands on anything.. yet.

Id need a case for it to be shipped in...

also im looking for a good deal on ampeg rigs, cabs (nothing huge, maybe a two speaker rig, ... on the smaller side.. not fridges!) .. and an ok head too...

I am looking on these forums because the people here are pretty reliable, and looking to make an honest business transaction that will benefit the seller and myself..

thanks for reading...

jimmy

jimmychung82@gmail.com

• Members

Well, if you want a rig for recordig only, i would suggest either getting something with a DI, like a GK head, or even just a DI box and a nice plugin program for your recorder of choice.

I would reccommend something versatile for the bass, either a p-bass special, a MM stingray with the toggle, or if you're insistant on the Warwick, maybe either a $$ or a jazzman corvette to allow you to cover as much territory as possible.

Actually, if you like it, line6 makes "the ultimate recording bass," which ive never played, but you can check it out on their website. Pair that with a bass podxt or something, and you should be good.

By the way, the only reason there is no spam thread here is because there is an entire spam forum, which i have linked to here:

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=77

• Members

An Ampeg it's not, but the Peavey Nitrobass/410TVX I have listed is affordable, reasonably loud, and pretty close to you, if you're indeed in Illinois.

The DI on the head is great, and the whole rig is giggable if the need should arise.

$500, and I can meet you halfway to deliver if you're cool with that.

Archived