Merry Christmas to all...

allan grossman

• Members

Originally posted by Fran da Man

Is that yours Alan?

Still got the Frankenjazz?

Neither one, Fran. I sold the Frankenjazz maybe three years ago. Sold the Fodera in the picture probably a year after that.

The Fodera in the pic was my NYC Empire 5 - it was gonna be Fodera's answer to Lakland and Sadowsky. They were supposed to be CNC-machined but I've heard they were all handmade.

That one has a brass nut, a Pope preamp and Duncan Antiquity pickups. It was absolutely the best superjazz I ever had my hands on. I bought it off Bassgear for $1300 and sold it about a year later on eBay for about half again that.

I had to call Fodera and finalize the details on the tortioseshell pickguard on the bass and the seller begged me not to tell Fodera what I'd paid for the bass. When I talked to Joey at the factory he knew the bass from the serial number and told me it was worth about $3500 today.

Fodera's re-released the Empire series and from what I hear they really are CNC machined this time. The guy who sold me this bass called me about six months ago looking for it :(

When I sold the Fodera I kept the Ibanez in the pic below - it's a minty RB760 and I love this bass. The SR406 on the right has Kent Armstrong pickups in it and after the holidays I'm gonna make my second attempt at putting this Aguilar OBP-3 I've got laying around in it :D

gear1.jpg

Archived