anybody have a peavey TNT 115??? damn inconsistency to hell!!

ryanstanley

• Members

this is what im using til i finish saving for my final amp

it gets good tone sometimes, but only sometimes....

is there any way to make it more consistent? it's position versus walls, volume level, different venues, etc all effect its sound WAY too much

i've actually gotten some pretty amazing tones out of it before but it never happens again

would the fact that it's ported have anything to do with it?

• Members

Originally posted by Apendecto

Hahhahahahha.....that's a good one!!!

Seriously though, I have all sorts of inconsistancies with my amp. Where I'm at, who I'm playing with, what they have eq'ed, the room, etc.

Yo.

That's like saying "this is the car I'm going to drive for the rest of my life. I'll never get tired of it."

If it's going to be your "final" amp, you'd better make it a sweet one.:D

C7

• Members

While I agree that different rooms, room positioning, and different band mixes will affect your amp's sound in the mix - would the smoking, or not smoking of weed have anything to do with perceived tone differences???

It also might have to do with making a 115 combo cover different band situations - I have to work alot harder to get a good sound out of my Combo 300 in a band mix, than I have to with my full stack big rig(Mark VIII, 410TXF, and either an 1810, or a 115 BW loaded) - the big rig handles anything with ease...

What I'm getting at is that a 115 combo is being pushed to it's limits for use in a rock band, unless you're getting some help from the PA...

- georgestrings

• Members

Originally posted by georgestrings

While I agree that different rooms, room positioning, and different band mixes will affect your amp's sound in the mix - would the smoking, or not smoking of weed have anything to do with perceived tone differences???

+1

If I smoke more than a little when I'm playing everything starts to sound sort of "flat" (not flat/sharp flat). I start to feel very tone deaf, and can't often can't tell if I'm playing in key against distortion.

The other things listed have a big impact on your tone. I always try to get my guitarists to point their amps at the couch or other padding when we practice to dampen them. If you put a back ported cab up against a wall it will sound bad.

If all factors are the same, no changes at all (in setup or sobriety) it should sound the same.

Archived