x-post: I need a VPS host... know any?

James Hart

• Members

Hey all,

I've finally had it with my old host of the last 5 years.... and feel like I made a big mistake in my move I went with the service my registrar offers and they dropped the ball on Saturday, It's been 48 hours now with no response to my 2 trouble tickets and I cannot reach them by phone.... and my 4 domains are pointing at a DNS server that doesn't know they exist and my control panel doesn't exist yet! I'm fuming and looking to replace these jokers within the month.

Here is what the $20 a month plan is:

* 5 GB Disk Space

* 50 GB Disk transfer

* Host up to 10 Domains

* php, mysql, frontpage

* Plesk Reloaded 7 Hosting Panel

* Red Hat Linux(Fedora)

* 512MB Burst RAM

* 128 MB Guaranteed RAM

* 1 IP Address

* Crontab access

* Unlimited MYSQL Databases

* Unlimited POP3/SMTP

* Front Page extensions

* Unlimited FTP Updates

* Ability to Resell Hosting Accounts

* Daily Backups Included

* Quota control

* Web-based File Manager

* Web Site Stats

* Web Based e-mail

* Shell Access (root)

Most of that is exactly what I need (other than the frontpage crap)... Does anyone USE a reliable VPS host like this they can recommend?

Thanks

• Members

Originally posted by fluxpunk

Lol jk where are you from? i know a few good ones in the UK

the internet is international.... I want someone I can email ( or call) when it breaks.

I held this morning for over an hour to talk to a India Customer Service call center (on hold for a supervisor now) and got told everything is fine and I need to adjust some settings in my domain (and mentioned the first domain in my registrar account that is NOT in my hosting yet).

He emailed me the working URL for my control panel as https://:8443

• Members

Originally posted by Rowka

I don't know if there is a difference between VPS and Hosting and whatnot, but...

My sites are at

www.doteasy.com

Tell them rowka sent ya.

thanks for the reply... I need to host a few domains on one account and to have shell (root) access to install additional components. I also need to be able to set different FTP access levels for different users.

VPS = Virtual Private Server... it's like collocating a server of your own... but really only leasing a section of a rack/blade server.

• Members

Sorry i didnt realise you wanted VPS not dealt with them online before only in college, you gotta laugh at that control panel address, obviously automated or he couldn't be arsed to check what he was sending you. What stuff do you host that requires vps?

• Members

Originally posted by fluxpunk

What stuff do you host that requires vps?

nothing specific... I just need to be able to resell accounts with individual FTP and Mail access AND tweak the apache to include whatever mods I need.

I think I found a winner, I've been harassing sales and tech on the phone with a million scenarios and each one was answered to my satisfaction.... even the ones I was told they were unsure of so they needed to look into it and call me right back :thu:

http://www.arvixe.com/

Archived