So I bought a Low Down Studio 110...

Phantasm

• Members

While I was trying out that American Fender Jazz at Guitar Center, I ended up using one of these to test the different basses out. I had to twiddle with the "Ampeg" setting to get what I wanted, but once I did it was pretty damn spiffy. Other people playing much larger rigs were asking what I was playing through and were amazed by it.

So I went ahead and bought one on a whim, they packed it in with the Fender Jazz and made a sweet deal out of it. And now that it's home, I've got to say, the thing still sounds pretty fricken sweet! I think they need to just get it over with and make a bass head version of these things, because I'd pick one up in a heartbeat.

I'm sure it's got other sounds past the Ampeg settings, but I haven't gotten that far! It does do a good job of approximating an SVT in a 75W 1x10 combo.

Just my opinion and YMMV, and remember I had to tweak the settings, but I think it's pretty darn spiffy.

• Members

While I was trying out that American Fender Jazz at Guitar Center, I ended up using one of these to test the different basses out. I had to twiddle with the "Ampeg" setting to get what I wanted, but once I did it was pretty damn spiffy. Other people playing much larger rigs were asking what I was playing through and were amazed by it.

So I went ahead and bought one on a whim, they packed it in with the Fender Jazz and made a sweet deal out of it. And now that it's home, I've got to say, the thing still sounds pretty fricken sweet! I think they need to just get it over with and make a bass head version of these things, because I'd pick one up in a heartbeat.

I'm sure it's got other sounds past the Ampeg settings, but I haven't gotten that far! It does do a good job of approximating an SVT in a 75W 1x10 combo.

Just my opinion and YMMV, and remember I had to tweak the settings, but I think it's pretty darn spiffy.

If ya don't mind my asking, what did the Low Down Studio set you back?

• Members

I got it for $195 after GC discount, but I also bought a Fender American Jazz at the same time. I got the Fender American Jazz for $799 and a case for $99. I think the price on the tag for the Low Down studio was $249, I know that if you know a salesguy or deal with one regularly, or just ask sometimes if they can knock a little more off they will (at least they do here.)

Plus I got 50% off of those already discounted prices too because a radio station here was selling $50 GC gift certificates for $25 online a few weeks ago and I bought a ton of them. That was nifty too.

Archived