Aggie 412 vs El Whappo?

willbill0587

• Members

Well, do you like 12's or 15's? :)

The Aggie has the 4 12's and the Whappo has the 15 and 12 only. The GS412 is going to be louder, maybe, but not by that much. Plus if it has casters it weighs less than your average Eden or SWR 410 and sounds tons better.

Love mine, obviously! :love: :love:

• Members

never owned or tried an Aggie 412.... but I imagine the 412 to be a little louder, maybe a little brighter (because of the horn) but not nearly as even through the frequency range.... the El Whappo is a 15" + 12" + 6" + a pair of soft dome tweeters (tiny speakers instead of a harsh horn) in a 4 way set up. I questioned and second guessed my need for this pricey a cab... but Damn it's the BEST sounding cabinet I've ever played through. It take EQ better than most too... if your bass and/or head sound good.... the El Whappo sounds good. It gives you back whatever you give it!

• Members

You mean you'd pick the company that changed the laws of physics with their 4/8ohm switch?!

:p

:bor: :bor: :bor:

Old hat. 2005 just called. They want you back. :p

Oh and just FMI... when did your amp fail when using this system? :) Nate East's never did, so, ya know, just curious.

• Members

:bor:

Old hat. 2005 just called. They want you back.

Oh and just FMI... when did your amp fail when using this system?
:)
Nate East's never did, so, ya know, just curious.

Still hits a raw nerve I see!

Who said anything about amp failure? I was talking about a company lying about what their product does then never saying anything about it. :D

• Members

Most amps(even tube) can handle unmatched ohm loads. It may not be good but they can handle it. The truth is that they can't change the laws of physics. It didn't work.

The 19th century talk and said you can't break the laws of physics. :wave:

• Members

Nah not really- my rig sounds better than yours so in the end I really could care less... ;)

Just funny that AG gets singled out as the ONLY company seemingly to ever overstate what a product can do... When just about every other manufacturer in the biz does the same thing on a daily basis.

• Members

Just funny that AG gets singled out as the ONLY company seemingly to ever overstate what a product can do... When just about every other manufacturer in the biz does the same thing on a daily basis.

There's a difference in between bending the truth and lying.

• Members

There's a difference in between bending the truth and lying.

Oh... my bad then. I thought "lying" was being untruthful, but whatever you say man. :)

Didn't know we were picking and choosing who we apply "a flat out lie" and "well maybe they're just fibbing" to.

• Members

Hahahaha.
:D

I have a gigantic penis so I'm good too.

Trust me, I'm not hurtin' there either! :p

Honestly though, it does get old. Anyone who was in the market for one when that was going on knows what went down and so the constant need to try and bring it up (when that hasn't even been used in a few years, much less available on a new AG cab) EVERY single time these arguably top 3 cabs are mentioned is just kinda silly.

We know the "switch" was just a marketing ploy, just like MPG on cars are; that there's a difference in "watts" vs. "Eden watts" or "SWR watts", but we live on to another day. You can too! With help. ;)

The most flat out ridiculous thing I heard someone on TB say about AG cabs was they "found out" (with no proof or data, etc.. of course) that the Whappo Grande doesn't have the freq. response posted on the website, and because of that he heard the difference in his El Whappo (NOT the WG, mind you, which is the 21" sub) and heard the lacking freq. response in a different cab, who's response wasn't even being questioned...

I wish I was making it up, too. That's how bad it gets there sometimes. :o

• Members

Oh... my bad then. I thought "lying" was being untruthful, but whatever you say man.
Didn't know we were picking and choosing who we apply "a flat out lie" and "well maybe they're just fibbing" to.

Bending the truth is measuring the output of an amp a way to increase the rating.

Lying is when you say it does something and it doesn't do what it says.

• Members

Bending the truth is measuring the output of an amp a way to increase the rating.

Lying is when you say it does something and it doesn't do what it says.

That's some mighty close hair-splitting. Would you say the same thing about freq. response measurements?

• Members

I actually did burn up a Peavey amp that bridged to 8 Ohms while driving my Whappo Jr. at a festival; they replaced it for me. The AccuGrooves are some bad ass cabs, regardless of what anyones specs say. I no longer need EQ unless a room has a real bad freq that needs cutting. They sure aren't cheap, but they are the last cab you'll need to buy. You might buy others, but you won't need to.

• Members

I actually did burn up a Peavey amp that bridged to 8 Ohms while driving my Whappo Jr. at a festival; they replaced it for me. The AccuGrooves are some bad ass cabs, regardless of what anyones specs say. I no longer need EQ unless a room has a real bad freq that needs cutting. They sure aren't cheap, but they are the last cab you'll need to buy. You might buy others, but you won't need to.

You're the first I've met. Ever. :) But they made good, so, good for them! And could've just been your amp, too- I had a Peavey power amp at one point and that think was just aching to overheat and flake on me at any given second- I could see it smiling behind the faceplate... :evil:

Archived