superfly

Germinator

• Members

So I was thinking of picking up one of these ashdown superfly's as they are discontinued and super cheap, can anybody recommend two 4-ohm 250 watt cabs for a small stack to go with this? I emailed the guy at lowdown sound thinking I could get some sweet 8"s to use with it but got no reply. Anybody try one of these out? I have heard mostly great things about ashdown. Also anybody know where to get a cheap compatible midi-board for it?

• Members

Ok so I was a little off. Do the new models put out 500 watts in one channel? Seems that would match perfect with an avatar 2x12. However I dont see anywhere to purchase the new models, and how much are they? I dont think the old models (349-400$) would have enough headroom only putting 250 watts in a 500 watt cab though and most the smaller avatar cabs are 500 watts.

• 4 months later...
  • Members

Thinking about splitting my 410 mag cab to stereo and running a Superfly through each side. Not sure how well the two tens on each side will handle 250 watts. Any thoughts?

True stereo? You need two Superfly because the preamp is mono.

• Members

If I split the cab into two 4ohms loads I could run each half of the Superfly into each half of the Mag cab. One 250watt power section into two of the "10"s and the other 250watt power section into the other two of the "10"s. Not true stereo but 500 watts into one 4 "10" cab. My only concern is will each pair of those speakers handle 250 watts? The cab claims it can handle 450 watts but each speaker only says 80 watts each. I have been dumping 360 watts into it for awhile with no problems.

• Members

If I split the cab into two 4ohms loads I could run each half of the Superfly into each half of the Mag cab. One 250watt power section into two of the "10"s and the other 250watt power section into the other two of the "10"s. Not true stereo but 500 watts into one 4 "10" cab. My only concern is will each pair of those speakers handle 250 watts? The cab claims it can handle 450 watts but each speaker only says 80 watts each. I have been dumping 360 watts into it for awhile with no problems.

Do you have only 4*10" in the cab or tweeter as well? Are you sure you cab is 450W RMS and not 450W peak?

Is the driver in the cab 8ohm or 16ohm?

See this link with some more info:

http://www.bassbacke.de/hints/bass/cabproperties.htm

If you need more help, let me know...

• Members

You got me thinking about true stereo now. I could buy two Superfly heads and run them in true stereo for under $600.00. 1000 watts into two 410 cabs.

yeh I know what's you mean. even if its not stereo just spare not bad idea under 600. here in london its 199pounds, so you can buy there cheaper!

ashdown had two cabs for superfly, there were 2ways cab,like what you just want to do. 4 spkr in each cab, 2spkr wired for each side of superfly.means each speakon had two spkr in one cab...

Archived