Wow..."Before the Music Dies"

Dthraco

• Members

I had such issues when I was younger...still have but not so much. I'm pretty convinced I am among the most "messed up" people in the world. But one day you just realise, hey I have issues, and I'm crazy, but this is me, this is who I am and wanna be. Then it gets better. You just stop thinking about all unnecessary crap. lol

• Members

Yes. Also, the other day when I was walking home from work, rushing to get home cause I was inspired by something or other to make a new song (by the time I got home I'd forgotten it though, DAMMIT! lol), I was thinking how having something you want to do or love doing, and having a PURPOSE basically, "saves" you from a lot of angst. Like I didn't give a rat's butt if anyone was looking at me walking home. Who the hell cares!? I just wanted to get there and make music! You know?

• Members

I was just listening to the radio.

Summer Girl by the Stereo's has little, to NO music in it. The Vocals are Auto-Tuned, like every other song. When did it become uncool to have an unadulterated voice?

T-Pain, Lil Wayne, and basically every "Young Money" rapper uses auto-tune ALL THE TIME. I don't even know what they sound like without.

If, by some fluke, auto-tune disappears, we'll go back to music.

Does it seem like a fluke how the last true concert music went out with Nirvana? 1997 brought autotune, and basically killed music. From then on, we have completely processed music.

ANd no, I don't think Auto-tune is the only thing that is ruining music, but it is a big contributer.

• Members
If, by some fluke, auto-tune disappears, we'll go back to music.

Does it seem like a fluke how the last true concert music went out with Nirvana? 1997 brought autotune, and basically killed music. From then on, we have completely processed music.

ANd no, I don't think Auto-tune is the only thing that is ruining music, but it is a big contributer.

Well, I hope that the day that I pull some people together to start making music, that it's changed for the better, because people'd better like my raw and powerful vocals! OR I SHALL MAKE THEM LIKE IT.

*powerful 4 octave vocal slide* AUUUUUGHHGHGHHHGHEGHEAYEGAEYAJAEEIAIEIEIEIIEIAIEIAIEIAEIAIEIA!!111

Seriously, though. I agree with you.

I think you guys are becoming like a second family to me, honestly. I {censored} you not. :p

• Members

Are we still talking about the doco?

In Australia it's only 57mins on DVD. No extras either. Grr.

I think they were onto a really good thing, but it all got a little whiney and tiresome. TOTALLY worth seeing, but it finishes a bit disappointing.

How great is the opening video performance?? Ray Charles and Billy Preston??!!???!!!

Archived