Feel Good Story of the Day....

chris-dax

• Members

Fri Feb 23, 1:35 AM

SAN JOSE, Costa Rica - An American senior citizen killed an alleged mugger with his bare hands, and his traveling companions aboard a tour bus fended of two other assailants in the Atlantic coast city of Limon, police said.

A retired member of the U.S. military aged about 70 put suspect Warner Segura in a head lock and broke his clavicle after the 20-year-old and two other men armed with a knife and gun held up their tour bus, Luis Hernandez, the police chief of Limon, 80 miles east of San Jose, said Thursday. Segura was later declared dead, apparently from asphyxiation.

The two other men fled when the 12 senior citizens started defending themselves during the Wednesday attack. Afterward, the tourists drove Segura to the Red Cross where he was declared dead. The Red Cross also treated one of the tourists for an anxiety attack, Hernandez said.

The tourists left on their Carnival cruise ship after the incident and Hernandez said authorities do not plan to press any charges against them.

"They were in their right to defend themselves after being held up," he said.

Hernandez said Segura had previous charges against him for assaults.

"All of the guests involved, who had booked the cruise together as a group, have opted to continue with their vacation plans.

The ship, The Carnival Liberty, continued on its scheduled itinerary, with a port call scheduled in Colon, Panama.

Awwwwwww.....what a great story and happy ending....:phil:

• Members

HOW DOES THAT MAKE HIM AN ALLEGED MURDERER?

Huh? The only mention of the word "alleged" in the original post is in the phrase "alleged mugger" referring to the now dead crook. The only mention of "murderer" in this thread up until now is in your post.

But all it takes to make someone an "alleged" anything is to allege (accuse) them of it - doesn't take any proof or any convincing argument at all to be "alleged", it just takes the allegation.

I don't think anyone's calling the old guy a murderer, though he's pretty obviously a killer. Obviously justifiable self defense, from what I've read.

• Members

Justifiable defense? Sure. Feel good story? Not really. I'd rather the vacationers never had that incident in the first place. Of course, it doesn't make for quite as good a story
:rolleyes:

A criminal gets beat down by a 70 year old Vet? That's good stuff right there :D

The only thing that doesn't make me cheer is that the dude died.

• Members

A criminal gets beat down by a 70 year old Vet? That's good stuff right there
:D

even though he is 70 he is still trained to kill so the outcome doesnt really supprise me.

it does make me feel good that old people can still defend them selves:thu:

• Members

A criminal gets beat down by a 70 year old Vet? That's good stuff right there
:D

The 70 year old vet putting a beat-down on them is funny as hell. I'm not much on the death part, either. I'd still prefer that the incident had never happened ;)

Archived