An honest question about an SX neck

randomhero2006

• Members

I'm not sure I see what the big deal is; I've fit necks onto bodies with difference pocket specs bunches of times, just takes some patience and hand tools. Making a Kramer aluminum neck fit in a fender sized pocket required some sanding and gluing in shims (which I cut from scrap maple boards) along the sides, but it worked out just fine.

Now, changing the neck pocket on a tele body to angle the neck for use with a Gibson-style bridge like an SG, that was a wee bit more work, but also worked out well. You won't see too many teles with Gibson style angled necks, P90s and piezo-loaded Tune-o-matics out there. :cool: (Actually, it's not all finished yet, but the neck pocket and bridge are all set.)

• Members

I'm not sure I see what the big deal is; I've fit necks onto bodies with difference pocket specs bunches of times, just takes some patience and hand tools. Making a Kramer aluminum neck fit in a fender sized pocket required some sanding and gluing in shims (which I cut from scrap maple boards) along the sides, but it worked out just fine.

Now, changing the neck pocket on a tele body to angle the neck for use with a Gibson-style bridge like an SG, that was a wee bit more work, but also worked out well. You won't see too many teles with Gibson style angled necks, P90s and piezo-loaded Tune-o-matics out there.
:cool:
(Actually, it's not all finished yet, but the neck pocket and bridge are all set.)

Thanks bro. This is the look I'm going for

4g4fsj7.jpg

Archived