BZZZZZ!! My G&L L2500 is driving me insane!

The Aardvark

• Members

I love the feel, the look and the tone(s) on my L2500, but often (not always) whenever one of my hands touch the strings I get BZZZZZ!!! This annoyingly loud constant buzz. It doesn't matter if I'm in active or passive mode. I have a ground lift switch on my GK 700RB which doesn't seem to effect the buzz. Do I need a different ground lift? Can someone help a brother out?

• Members

This is the huge problem I have with newer G&L's...If you take a look inside the cavity, it looks like a cat exploded. It's like they have retarded monkeys soldering in their electronics. Every single G&L I've tried (newer) has bad bad buzz and ground issues. You need to take it to a tech and have him fix it. It's just poor workmanship. The bass kicks ass...but their electronics suck ass.

Dan

• Members

This is not a new problem for G&L. They have always had problems with workmanship and consistency. They are always just a little TLC + elbow grease away from being fantastic basses.

Yup...which is why I get their SB2...completely passive:D

No issues.

Dan

• Members

+1 on teh sb2. My old 2500 was a buzz factory. Had it shielded with copper foil, new cables, just about everything I could think of. Got rid of it and got the sb2, and have had no issues since. There is apparently a chip or widget that you can clip out and it kills most of the noise, but I found out about that after I sold mine. Figures ...

Archived