Finally getting some gigs

Taustin Powers

• Members

It's not easy for an unknown originals band to get some stage time in Berlin.... There are hundreds of bands in this city, and not a whole lot of locations that like to have live music. So the bar owners can pretty much pick and choose which bands they will want and when. When I first started contacting locations left and right, the response was....well, there pretty much wasn't any at all. It was quite frustrating.

But I guess persistence pays off...we actually have five headlining gigs lined up until the end of September right now, and we've already played 3 shows this year! Most of them are small hole-in-the-wall places, but hey, we gotta start somewhere, right? And one show in August is actually at a very cool and popular club!

It just feels great to look at our "Upcoming Shows" page and see a list of five entries! :thu:

• Members

It's really easy to get a good 30 minute set as often as you can sell the tickets in Glasgow. We just check out the promoters on myspace and basically pick the venue we want to play (out of a choice of 3 or 4 clubs) and the closest date. It works well for us, although there is the danger of selling ourselves short of tickets...

But yeah, it is a great feeling to see more than one gig on my band's page! :D Although the only one at the moment might have to get cancelled...

Archived