BASS AMP HELP

washuffitze3

• Members

I'll echo the sentiments of others here with Peavey, Yorkville and Ashdown being good, solid choices.

My favorite practice amps are ones with 1-10" speaker. I'm a believer that if you're going to buy a practice amp, buy one small and compact enough that you're going to be OK hauling it around. If you're going to buy a gigging amp, buy one that is powerful enough to fulfill your needs - don't buy one amp to try to do both. I had an amp with a 12" speaker and I found it painfully in between portability and decent sound for an acoustic gig.

The Peavey Minx 110's were good amps and should be available for somewhat cheap on eBay, as would a Yorkie combo with a 10" speaker.

$.02

Dustin

• Members

Recommend getting a GK combo off Ebay. those things are stupid loud and reasonably priced. can very regularly find like a Gk 1001RB 210 combo for 500-600, or a 400RB for 300-400.

Won't regret it, as it'll sound great quiet and ramp up to a good rig with an extension :)

Course I'm kind of a shill for GK.

Check out: (not mine)

http://cgi.ebay.com/Gallien-Krueger-Backline-115-Bass-Combo-Amp_W0QQitemZ170131060669QQihZ007QQcategoryZ121159QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

(I actually really liked the sound of the GK backline combos when I tried'em out int he store)

Archived