The Official HCBF Fantasy Football Commencement Thread

burdizzos

• Members

What's the deadline for payment? My employer decided that sending my paycheck on time wasn't especially important last week...
:mad:
C7

Payment will have to be received no later than five days before the draft. The first game of the season is September 6th, so the draft will take place the Tuesday prior(if everyone is all right with that).

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Payment will have to be received no later than five days before the draft. The first game of the season is September 6th, so the draft will take place the Tuesday prior(if everyone is all right with that).

Tuesdays are difficult for me (I have league basketball games on Tuesday nights), but I'm sure any day/time will be difficult for someone. If it must be a Tuesday evening, any chance on doing the draft a bit later in the evening, rather than earlier?

• Members

I'm normally busy on Tuesdays, but I think that particular Tuesday should be OK. I actually miss the days of doing the draft on the forum. Yes, it was slower, but it was much more entertaining. You didn't have to worry about missing your turn because the phone rang and getting back to your computer only to realize Yahoo decided you wanted Kurt Warner in the third round. :rolleyes: And besides, without the slow forum draft we wouldn't have such golden memories as Brett Favre going third overall and the varied reactions to that, and didn't someone try to take Steve Bauerline in the first round one year (one of the euromites who didn't know much about football but wanted to play anyway, I think)?

I know, it's a big pain in the neck for the person running the league, but it's much more fun. :)

• Members

I thought the live draft worked pretty damned well last year.

I'm fine with a slow draft, but there's no {censored}ing way I'm doing the data entry for that {censored}, especially since it looks like we're going to have a 14 team league.

• Members

The thing about the slow draft was it just seemed more social - all the commentary between picks, etc. Time to talk to each other, make fun of the picks, that sort of thing. But yeah, it IS a huge PITA for the commish. I'm fine with the live draft. :)

• Members

I agreed completely, the slow draft was a lot of fun, but unless we are certain that all parties involved will be online often, it can be a real bitch. I want to hold the draft as late as possible to save people from suffering high draft pick preseason injuries, but with the slow draft, we'd have to start it at least two weeks before the season start.

• Members
I agreed completely, the slow draft was a lot of fun, but unless we are certain that all parties involved will be online often, it can be a real bitch. I want to hold the draft as late as possible to save people from suffering high draft pick preseason injuries, but with the slow draft, we'd have to start it at least two weeks before the season start.

Yeah, there is that, too. :)

• Members
Although, the Slow Draft enables people to select players like Dan Marino, who did better than Jake Plummer many games last season.

My quarterbacks last season wound up being Kurt Warner and Michael Vick. :rolleyes: So hopefully I won't screw that up QUITE so badly this year.

Are we doing paypal again this year? I'm going to need my memory refreshed on where to send the money. :)

• Members

Hey Burdi, have you loked at th Fox sports Fantasy deal? we switched to that one this year in my money league. Looks like it has all the same bells and whistles and it's free.

I'll check on it. Yahoo now makes custom leagues premium.

I'll hit up the fox sports deal.

• Members

you have two first names!

Actually, I have three first names and the plural form of my first name was a common last name where I grew up, so I had three first names and three last names as a child. It made September the very worst time of year for me.

It gives your Mother multiple names to scream.

Archived