got an audition

mobass

• Members

A guy I go to school with is looking for a bass player for his band, and he asked me to try out. I'm a little nervous, i've only been playing bass for about a year, and dont feel i'm very good. They play a little bit of everthing. If nothing else just learning the songs will do wonders for my playing.

• Members

playing with others is the only way to become a complete bass player. You have to learn to feel out each song. Eventually, you'll be able to jam with anyone!

+100

Since I started playing with the church band I've improved by 100% I can't say if it is because I had motivation to practice or because I got a better feel for music from playing with a band but either way I'm a better bassist now than I was. :thu:

• Members

I've been playing for about a year too. A friend of mine started a band and asked me to join even though I was a novice.

It really does help your skills. Plus the playing with people that can joke around, and ... Tickle the hell out of you... And make you want to punch them to get them to stop...

There's no other feeling. (Just like the one inside telling you to cut off their hands for tickling you.)

EDIT!: Started playing with the band about 6 months into playing.

• Members

I've been playing for about a year too. A friend of mine started a band and asked me to join even though I was a novice.

It really does help your skills. Plus the playing with people that can joke around, and ... Tickle the hell out of you... And make you want to punch them to get them to stop...

There's no other feeling. (Just like the one inside telling you to cut off their hands for tickling you.)

EDIT!: Started playing with the band about 6 months into playing.

I don't have the tickling problem... I think that might be a chick bassist thing.

• Members

I don't have the tickling problem... I think that might be a chick bassist thing.

Eh.. Maybe not the Chick bassist part.. But the part I'm incredibly ticklish.. If you attempt to tickle me ANYWHERE (Basically) I'll go into my defensive mode.

Which is where my knees collapse and I curl into a little ball..

I can't stop the forces within me.

Archived