OT: Which Exhaust for the new truck???

guitargod0dmw

• Members

Ok...so next comes an exhaust system! I haven't had a V8 in a long time and I want to hear this thing! I don't want a REALLY loud system, and I don;t want it to sound like crap. I want something that is nice and smooth, with a nice deep sound. The choices I can find are:

Borla

Flowmaster

Magnaflow

I also have choices for the pipes and how they exit. I can do:

Side exit in front of tire

Dual Side exit in front of tire

Side exit behind tire

Dual Side exit behind tire

Single out the back

Dual out the back (I'm thinking this one)

Anybody have any experience? They are all stainless steel, lifetime warranty, mandrel bent tubes. Similar in prices. I had a flowmaster on my TA that sounded really good, but I'm leaning towards the Magnaflow this time.

• Members

I went with Borla for my Cobra, which was generally considered the best from what i read, but not sure if that would hold true for your truck.

I think it would...they are just expensive. The Flowmaster is the cheapest...and the Magnaflow is the in between, but I think it's in the same league as the Borla anyways.

• Members

Borla 100% Flowmaster is an overrated, trendy brand... Borlas sound so much smoother. The only Magnaflows I've dealt with were all on race trucks, so they were way loud and sounded kinda "dry".

Dual out the back would probably be the quietest for inside your cab, and it looks better IMO.

• Members

Magnaflow. I had one of their polished SS cat-back systems on my last car and it was fantastic in both its durability and sound.

How was the sound? They have clips on their site, but I don't wanna just go by that. I wish I could hear them all on my truck before I buy...but unless I find some peeps with them already, it ain't gonna happen!

• Members

How was the sound? They have clips on their site, but I don't wanna just go by that. I wish I could hear them all on my truck before I buy...but unless I find some peeps with them already, it ain't gonna happen!

Can't help you on the sound of a truck, but hot damn on the 6 in my VW it was awesome. Deep and burbly, yet not annoying under load.

The clips on their site of the Volkswagen Golf III GTi are dead on to what mine sounded like. God I miss that car. :cry:

• Members

i had a flow master on my GMC truck with dual out the back and loved it.. highly recomended... Then i got Borla for my 4runner and it was very nice. Deep sounding without being too loud. it had OEM pipe out the side. nothing flashy just deep nice growl when i got on it.. now in my Tahoe i have a Volant cold air intake going to a Flowmaster with a 3 1/2 inch chrome pipe out the side behind the tire.. its nice. not too loud but plenty deep and makes me happy.. either way u decide will be betta than factory. i have no experience with the MagnaFlow but i think it would work.

• Members

When I had my cat back system on my jeep done, they took all the ones I was looking at and put them on one by run and ran them for me. I ended up going with the Borla cause it wasn't loud but it was throaty as hell.

Dan

• Members

When I had my cat back system on my jeep done, they took all the ones I was looking at and put them on one by run and ran them for me. I ended up going with the Borla cause it wasn't loud but it was throaty as hell.

I'd be doing the install myself, so great idea, but not really an option. "Throaty" is a good word...I think I'd like that sound! I'm thinking that Flowmaster is totally out right now.

I've always loved the way Borla stuff sounded on LS-1's...

• Members

Go with the Rear Exit... I've always liked that better...

truck1.jpg

Yeah, I think that's a sealed deal. Now I just need to figure out how I can hear what a Borla sounds like on a Hemi. They use nice descriptive words, but that's all a personal thing...and what might sounds bassy to me would sound tinny to someone else.

• Members

Go with the Rear Exit... I've always liked that better...

truck1.jpg

I actually sold the truck in the picture about a year ago and have been trying to decide what exhaust to put on the new one... But the bass fund and boat fund seem to keep stealing money from the truck exhaust fund :)

Archived