Trace Elliot Cabs

Keljoe228@aim.c

• Members

I just got my hands on 4 trace 1818x cabs,They were given to a bass player that played with a national act by Trace for an endorsement. I guess when Trace does this they dont put serial #'s or any info on inputs or xover freQ on them. They are the single 18" and one 10" inch speaker in an infinite baffle with a very large round port be side the 10". They have two red stripes and metal grilles. They have two sets of inputs one with two 1/4 jacks and two cannon(mike type connectors) and also a set of two 1/4 jacks on the other side of the back. I would assume that one set is for full range and one set is for Bi-amping. Does anyone have one of these cabs and know which is which? Also if anyone knows the cross over frequency of the internal x over?

I tried contacting Trace,peavey Gibson but they say they cant help me without a serial # which as I said they dont have on them. Thanks

• Members

I play through a trace cab. Mine is just a 4x10 though. I'm pretty sure that all of the inputs are in parallel. You can go into one, and out of any of the others to go to another cab. I think the crossover is preset from the factory and you can't change it.

I could be wrong, so if you blow it up, don't get mad at me.

And, Welcome to the forum. I would be willing to take those cabs off your hands if you decide you don't want them.

Archived