Paging bnyswonger. bnyswonger to the (tickled) pink coutesy phone please

catphish

• Members

hey,

We're recording the final tune for the UBP album on Sunday and i want to do it on upright. I've tried to get my hands on a real upright, but no luck. So I'm going to attempt to use the Clevinger. Any tips on getting a good sound out of it in the studio?

thank ya much

• Members

hey,

We're recording the final tune for the UBP album on Sunday and i want to do it on upright.
I've tried to get my hands on a real upright, but no luck
. So I'm going to attempt to use the Clevinger. Any tips on getting a good sound out of it in the studio?

thank ya much

Should have called me...

;)

• Members

Yo - sorry - I actually had to WORK there for a bit.
:cry:

I usually just run it direct...it's just an electric bass thats bigger.
:wave:

It won't sound like a real upright though - nothing does.

hmm...i've got two different types of pick ups, neither of which I know how much about dialing in.

• Members

I always sort of saw it's a convienent compromise for playing live. Maybe i can rent one on real short notice....

I guess I've spent SO much time accompanying acoustic players doing folk on my sparkle fretless electric bass guitar :D , that I just figured screw it! There's no hiding this. Ha ha!

• Members

What are they and what kind of control do you have?

Just to level knobs. One is a set of piezos and the other the "Clevinger Holosonic pickup", I think....

Edit: marketing babble on the holosonic things....

his pickup constitutes a technological breakthrough in true emulation of acoustic bass sound. The entire instrument is sensitive to your every touch. All vibration produces woody full-bodied sound. When used in combination with the Arco Virtuoso string sensors, amazing sound is achieved. The acoustic bass, with its large soundbox and resonant parts, produces many reverberant sounds, unlike most electric instruments. The optional Clevinger Holosonic pickup brings these sounds to life in an electric instrument.

• Members

If i can rent a real one, do i need a pick up for the studio or would doing it all with Mics be what the engineer will probably do.

The sound of an acoustic instrument, like a bass or a g**tar, or whatever, comes from how the whole instrument resonates in the air around it. Pickups only make things convenient for environments where no one would be able to tell the quality of the instrument's sound. In a controlled environment, such as a recording studio, you want to use a proper mic in the "sweet spot."

• Members

You're MORE than welcome to borrow mine.

I appreciate the offer, very much. I may take you up on it.

Let me see what a440 charges. They said they have "a small selection of basses that they don't advertise for use by professionals." :lol:

• Members

I appreciate the offer, very much. I may take you up on it.

Let me see what a440 charges. They said they have "a small selection of basses that they don't advertise for use by professionals."
:lol:

There's no need to rent one. I think it would be cool to say "hey, that's MY bass on the UPB's record".

:)

Hell, we can even change the action if you'd like. Want the strings higher or lower than they are now? No problem!

• Members

There's no need to rent one. I think it would be cool to say "hey, that's MY bass on the UPB's record".

:)

Hell, we can even change the action if you'd like. Want the strings higher or lower than they are now? No problem!

Your band's name is already part of some lyrics. :)

Archived