Best optical illusion I have ever seen...

Dark Slide

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

OK, it just reversed - isn't that just the way the gif was done?

No. The gif does NOT switch her direction or her legs. You can save it and examine it frame by frame if you want. I did. But it does NOT change. It is a single spin, but looped indefinitely.

• Members

Isn't the shadow just a mirror image? If I look in a mirror and wave my right hand, it might look like I was waving my left hand...to an idiot...:)

Or am I missing something else? Is this one of those 3D pictures that if I stare at for a long time she'll magically be a real naked chick or something?

• Members

Isn't the shadow just a mirror image? If I look in a mirror and wave my right hand, it might look like I was waving my left hand...to an idiot...
:)

Or am I missing something else? Is this one of those 3D pictures that if I stare at for a long time she'll magically be a real naked chick or something?

For whatever reason, staring at the shadow helps your perception to change. It was really messed up though. I saw her change directions and I had to ask my girlfriend to look at the .gif and tell me which way she was spinning. It was opposite what I saw and I had a really hard time changing the direction back.

• Members

For whatever reason, staring at the shadow helps your perception to change. It was really messed up though. I saw her change directions and I had to ask my girlfriend to look at the .gif and tell me which way she was spinning. It was opposite what I saw and I had a really hard time changing the direction back.

That's all I can come up with. I see one thing, but no matter how long I stare, or focus on what area of the image she still spins the original way that I saw.

Stupid bitch...

• Members

Nope, it's definitely got a seam in it, it just takes quite a while to catch it.
;)

Because there is no dimension to the picture, all the information is there for her to be spinning either direction. It is NOT a .gif that changes directions every so often. It is only 34 frames and I have looked at them all individually.

The change in perception happens when her legs are lined up together, but it is an illusion regardless.

• Members

That's all I can come up with. I see one thing, but no matter how long I stare, or focus on what area of the image she still spins the original way that I saw.

Stupid bitch...

Well, all I can say is to keep trying. It'll blow your mind when she finally switches.

• Members

It switches occasionally, but switches back almost immediately.

Well, all I can say is to keep trying. It'll blow your mind when she finally switches.

I don't think it's an illusion; seems more like clever frame programming.

• Members

Dark Slide is right. You can see it either way. I think it might be easier if you cover up part of the picture. When I looked at her hips I was able to make it appear that either leg was in the air. I can't just automatically make them switch but it doesn't take too long once you know how to make it work in your own mind.

Archived