fired up a long term project for the first time tonight...

Guttermouth

• Members

i came to the decision to get out of the repair business this week. it's just gotten too hard to make any money at it anymore. so i've been going through my shop finishing things up and getting them out of the way and i've had this jtm 45 build sitting around my shop for a while now and have been working on it when time permitted ( it's been sitting so long a buddy of mine did some work on it out of pity for me :))

at any rate i got to fire her up tonight for the first time. she still needs some troubleshooting but i think it'll be a kick ass amp when i get her done. thought you guys might wanna see some pics :

P1010006.jpg

P1010004.jpg

P1010001.jpg

• Members

man......

i dunno... maybe computers???

Yea thats a good field to get into. Im in that right now, and it pays a lot. Im not a fan of computers, so once im out of college ill probably go elsewhere, but for right now im making a good chunk of change. Do you have a degree, if so what is it in?

• Members

Yea thats a good field to get into. Im in that right now, and it pays a lot. Im not a fan of computers, so once im out of college ill probably go elsewhere, but for right now im making a good chunk of change. Do you have a degree, if so what is it in?

well i went to college for electronics engineering and also went to school for the recording arts.

my college curriculum was heavy in computer sciences untill i switched over to electronics and i've been building and repairing pc's on and off since college.the dumbass factor is just soooo high in the computer field it's mind boggling :)

if i do go back into computers i'm not sure that i would wanna work with the public again -if i have to tell one more middle aged woman that i had to remove her poker game because it was full of spyware i'd have an aneurysm :)

• Members

You could always do electrical engineering somewhere. I'm a satellite engineer / IT guy in my spare time and it certainly pays the bills. The corporate world kinda sucks though, especially if you've been working for yourself and then come in to it!

yeah - i just don't know if i could stomach goin back to work for the man :)

but , then again if i worked for the man i wouldn't be in the position i'm in now :rolleyes:

• Moderators

yeah - i just don't know if i could stomach goin back to work for the man
:)
but , then again if i worked for the man i wouldn't be in the position i'm in now
:rolleyes:

When you work for the man you can actually get back to enjoying the work you have been doing in your shop. You'll only have to do what you want to do and you'll only have to do it on your schedule. :thu:

• Members

When you work for the man you can actually get back to enjoying the work you have been doing in your shop. You'll only have to do what you want to do and you'll only have to do it on your schedule.
:thu:

you are sooo right. i've done one repair this week (reworked an active washburn ) and it's been really nice.granted i'm not making much money at present but it does feel like a weight has been lifted off me. it's something i've been debating for a while but last week was just it .

i was on "vacation" and had 2 jobs come in anyway and realized i didn't make enough money to buy the tools i needed to fix them correctly ( i need a scope and a new meter baaaaad). that was just the final straw for me. i was sitting there cussing under my breath for people dropping off work for me to do when they knew i was taking the week off and then not having the tools to do the job was just too much.

all that being said troubleshooting this jtm is making me ready to pull my hair out :freak:

Archived