anyone from alabama?

wilki29

• Members

Did you bring any out of state beer? We will hang out if you did.

From the Alabama board of tourism:

"All alcoholic beverages purchased outside the state of Alabama are illegal inside the state of Alabama and are considered contraband."

Don't do it, he's trying to bust you!

• Members

I live in Decatur.
:)
How long are you in town? Did you find something to do last night?

im in town until tomorrow. We got in late last night, so all we did was get dinner with my uncle, aunt, and grandma. After that we just stayed in and watched tv. Where we are there isnt anything to do. Its near the carnegie hall right off bank street. Im not sure if you know where that is, but there isnt much around.

• Members

im in town until tomorrow. We got in late last night, so all we did was get dinner with my uncle, aunt, and grandma. After that we just stayed in and watched tv. Where we are there isnt anything to do. Its near the carnegie hall right off bank street. Im not sure if you know where that is, but there isnt much around.

Are you over 21? If you're near Bank Street, that means you're pretty much downtown, and there was a pretty good band playing last night at the Brick, just a few blocks from you. I'm not sure who's playing there tonight; let me check.

OK, there's a band tonight too. I've heard they're pretty good, but I've never actually heard them myself. The Brick is a good bar, but it gets WAY smokey in there at night. It's also a good place to get a sandwich during the day - they make a great classic club. :thu:

Too bad you're here this month instead of next. Next month you'd be able to come hear my band. :)

I guess there isn't a ton of "stuff to do" around here, especially if you're used to being in a larger town or city where there are lots of clubs and such. But I like it anyway. ;) It's a nice town. Although a lot of people are pretty upset right now that the city council just passed a smoking ban (takes effect in October) that will prohibit smoking in any restaurants or clubs. Plenty of the local bar owners are upset about that! But I think things will work out in the end.

• Members

Are you over 21? If you're near Bank Street, that means you're pretty much downtown, and there was a pretty good band playing last night at the Brick, just a few blocks from you. I'm not sure who's playing there tonight; let me check.

OK, there's a band tonight too. I've heard they're pretty good, but I've never actually heard them myself. The Brick is a good bar, but it gets WAY smokey in there at night. It's also a good place to get a sandwich during the day - they make a great classic club.
:thu:

Too bad you're here this month instead of next. Next month you'd be able to come hear my band.
:)

I guess there isn't a ton of "stuff to do" around here, especially if you're used to being in a larger town or city where there are lots of clubs and such. But I like it anyway.
;)
It's a nice town. Although a lot of people are pretty upset right now that the city council just passed a smoking ban (takes effect in October) that will prohibit smoking in any restaurants or clubs. Plenty of the local bar owners are upset about that! But I think things will work out in the end.

Im actually not 21 till next month. I mean its not that bad of a town, but im with my family so I really cant go off by myself. I may actually be in decatur sometime in the near future. If I do ill defenitley have to check it out more.

Archived