OT: ProjectMIX I/O

dert_stylus

• Members

i tried posting in the recording forum and got no answers so I am posting in here because i know you guys always have an opininon::thu:

question:

Does anyone know how to control the phantom power on the project mix I/O?

i am using condenser mic with the phantom power volume all the way down in volume and i still get clipping while i am recording in Logic PRO. It seems as the MIC and the phantom power have a mind of there own.

Any Help will be greatly appreciated.:thu:

• Members

i tried posting in the recording forum and got no answers so I am posting in here because i know you guys always have an opininon:
:thu:

question:

Does anyone know how to control the phantom power on the project mix I/O?

i am using condenser mic with the phantom power volume all the way down in volume and i still get clipping while i am recording in Logic PRO. It seems as the MIC and the phantom power have a mind of there own.

Any Help will be greatly appreciated.
:thu:

Phantom power has nothing to do with volume. Input level does. Phantom power determines whether you get anything out of the mike or not - it's either on or off.

You should have the ability to "pad" your input if you're using a condenser mike, either on the soundcard itself or within Logic. Pad it, then bring up the level to where you need it to be, no differently than you would with an active bass versus a passive bass going in to an amp.

Archived