OT - Canning green beans

groutt

• Members

I tried some green beans my brother canned and... :love:

Not standard side-dish beans, but zippy garlic/dill/hot-spicy whole beans like you might see in a bloody-mary.

So, it's bean season, I got a pressure canner lined up, got some jars, and waiting for my brother to find the receipe. It's been like 35 years since my folks made me help with the canning chores and I didn't pay attention 'cuz I didn't care then.

But now I'm all hyped to can come zippy beans and I wanna talk canning and beans or salsa or whatever.

• Members

I tried some green beans my brother canned and...
:love:
Not standard side-dish beans, but zippy garlic/dill/hot-spicy whole beans like you might see in a bloody-mary.

So, it's bean season, I got a pressure canner lined up, got some jars, and waiting for my brother to find the receipe. It's been like 35 years since my folks made me help with the canning chores and I didn't pay attention 'cuz I didn't care then.

But now I'm all hyped to can come zippy beans and I wanna talk canning and beans or salsa or whatever.

My wife makes a great salsa.

Thats about all I can contribute to this thread for now.

• Members

Ohhhhhh yes!

Pickled some green beans last night while pickling ourselves with Spaten Optimator.

Popped one open this morning (beans, not more beer) and :love:.

Nice zippy/garlicy/dilly/crunchy goodness. Not flamin' hot at all, just a nice little zippy burn.

Now I want to try some salsa.

Archived