Anyone doing Ampeg separates?

RoboChrist

• Members

That SVPCL sounds like the shtuff. I'm seriously thinking of going the whole hog and getting that and the poweramp to go with it. Don't get me wrong, I love my Alembic and it's Fender Bassman warmth and cuddlyness, but I'm wanting something with more of a huge balls type of sound.

Sure would like to hear from anyone who's got one.

:thu:

• Members

not personally, but IIRC it's the same power section out of the SVT-4 Pro....just not pre-amped obviously.

Personally I was never really keen on graphic EQ, But the 4Pro would easily be my second choice...I've heard a lot of good reviews of both it and the poweramp though.

I must try that CL pre!

• Members

Personally I was never really keen on graphic EQ, But the 4Pro would easily be my second choice...I've heard a lot of good reviews of both it and the poweramp though.

I must try that CL pre!

What's the cost of the power/pre setup as opposed to the SVT-4 Pro? My B4R has a button to switch the graphic EQ on/off...which is great, because my jazz REALLY needs EQed through my setup...WAYYYYY too much mids without it.

• Members

I think they're priced within a hundred bucks of each other. I also love the huge graphic on the 1600!
:D

Does your amp have the 5 way mid selector? I'm pretty sure those are quite good at controlling the mids, at least that's what I've read

Mine's not a mid selector. Mine has a "style" selector, which changes the pre-amp pre setup EQ...mine's set on neutral...I don't like pre-flavored. Haha. The EQ is great on the 4-pro...the only issue is not pushing the tube TOO hard...hahah...if you like things clean that is...

Archived