bandless

rikshaw

• Members

i've actually been looking for a few months. this town has way too many bass players

No jive. There are plenty of bass players, an overabundance of hack guitarists and a genuine shortage of really good guitarists.

Just do what I did and start up your own band. I met a drummer the other night who was looking for a band, but I didn't get his number.

I think those guys I briefly played with are looking for a bass player again. I think they can be found at myspace.comvagabondpsych

I laugh every time I visit their myspace page. The band name is supposed to refer to a wandering soul, but the correct word for that is Psyche. I don't think he realizes that the e is not silent and that it makes a key difference in word use. Fortunately, most people don't realize that.

• Members

No jive. There are plenty of bass players, an overabundance of hack guitarists and a genuine shortage of really good guitarists.

Just do what I did and start up your own band. I met a drummer the other night who was looking for a band, but I didn't get his number.

I think those guys I briefly played with are looking for a bass player again. I think they can be found at myspace.comvagabondpsych

I laugh every time I visit their myspace page. The band name is supposed to refer to a wandering soul, but the correct word for that is Psyche. I don't think he realizes that the e is not silent and that it makes a key difference in word use. Fortunately, most people don't realize that.

i played with those guys saturday night. its really not my style of music

• Members

i played with those guys saturday night. its really not my style of music

Please, don't hold back. :D

They've been through three bass players since I left. I'm not sure what the deal is.

If you could find a guitarist who can play drums and bass, you and Z-X could form a band called Chinese Fire Drill.

• Members

Please, don't hold back.
:D

They've been through three bass players since I left. I'm not sure what the deal is.

to me, that music is way too dated. it sounds like the same old 70's rock / southern rock. its been done over and over again and just isn't interesting. the drummer in that band works in my building here.

there is another southern rock band that needs a bass player. that drummer works here also.

my last drummer (jt) said that he would be interested in something so now i've just got to find the rest.

• Members

to me, that music is way too dated. it sounds like the same old 70's rock / southern rock. its been done over and over again and just isn't interesting. the drummer in that band works in my building here.

there is another southern rock band that needs a bass player. that drummer works here also.

my last drummer (jt) said that he would be interested in something so now i've just got to find the rest.

I couldn't stand the music Jim wanted to do. It is dated, boring and his voice kills me. I'm not a great singer by any stretch, but when he would try to harmonize with me, I wanted to kill him.

What happened to Brandon?

• Members

I couldn't stand the music Jim wanted to do. It is dated, boring and his voice kills me. I'm not a great singer by any stretch, but when he would try to harmonize with me, I wanted to kill him.

What happened to Brandon?

having babies. jt is getting married but has a little more available time

• Members

Oh, also, I know a very good guitarist who might be looking for a band. I'm not sure what his current situation is. We are recruiting him to run sound for us because he knows his way around a board. He's the guy who recorded our demo and despite the rush job on that, he seems to have his {censored} together.

• Members

Oh, also, I know a very good guitarist who might be looking for a band. I'm not sure what his current situation is. We are recruiting him to run sound for us because he knows his way around a board. He's the guy who recorded our demo and despite the rush job on that, he seems to have his {censored} together.

let me know

• Members
I've been kicking around joining a band lately, but yeah... It'd probably turn into too much {censored} going on again. Work, kids, hockey, side work, girlfriend... Band doesn't fit in there too well.
:(

I'm in the same boat. Well, I'm not good enough to be in a band yet, but I know what you mean. :cry:

• Members

It's a great way to learn your instrument fast! Worked for me.

I'll keep an ear out if you want. I know one larger cover band just split recently, and I'm sure at least some of them are looking to get something new started. I'm always up for jamming but we stay so busy at this point (we're booked every weekend through the end of December, as well as a few weeknights now) that it's hard for me to get out and do anything, since I work full-time as well.

• Members

I'll keep an ear out if you want. I know one larger cover band just split recently, and I'm sure at least some of them are looking to get something new started. I'm always up for jamming but we stay so busy at this point (we're booked every weekend through the end of December, as well as a few weeknights now) that it's hard for me to get out and do anything, since I work full-time as well.

which band split up? my former band is calling it quits next month.

Archived