Straplocks?

jmseymour

• Members

I don't use them at all.
:freak:

I've never found a need...plus, the thought of drilling a screw deeper into one of my guitars or my bass is terrifying to me.
:eek:

I have never had that be the case...all my basses accepted the straplocks as direct replacements for the original button screw.

• Members

I have never had that be the case...all my basses accepted the straplocks as direct replacements for the original button screw.

Really? I always thought it involved drilling a bigger screw a lot deeper...

Apparently someone down the line has lied to me. :freak:

• Members

Really? I always thought it involved drilling a bigger screw a lot deeper...

Apparently someone down the line has lied to me.

or maybe I have been doing it wrong but the included screws in each set I have used were essentially the same. They were easily put in with a hand screwdriver.

I really like this style right now. I thought mine were Shadows...I know they weren't this brand but this exact style.

http://www.americanmusical.com/item--i-MUS-ZSL600B.html#

the twist is the easiest interface I have used and you can always just use a regular strap as they buttons act both ways

EDIT: I know I will never go back to not using them. In particular on a bass that goes to gigs etc.

• Members

I don't use them at all.

I've never found a need...plus, the thought of drilling a screw deeper into one of my guitars or my bass is terrifying to me.
:eek:

You obviously don't throw a bass around on stage like I do - I probably couldn't get through one song while performing without bouncing my bass off the stage without straplocks...

- georgestrings

• Members

Never used anything other than Schallers and haven't had any problems. I like the fact that you have to pull the thingy out to remove them, rather than a pull thing.

I also like that if properly oriented, Schallers kind of "cup" the post, so that makes me feel a bit more secure about them, as opposed to Dunlop's bearing system - although I've never witnessed a failure of either system, in nearly 30 years of playing in bands...

- georgestrings

Archived